Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Distortion, when looping, cueing, mixing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, i did various searches over the last few weeks and tried many things as far as tweaking settings to get this to stop. Including turning best performance to max, and changing all the settings which are mentioned in this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/112639/General_Discussion/Extreme_Sound_Distortion.html

I am running:
2 Denon Dn-s1200
Denon X-100 Mixer
Virtual DJ 6 (Trial)
Windows XP Home

Acer Aspire 5515
15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 2650e (512KB L2 cache, 1.6GHz) < --- not dual core
ATI Radeon x1200 Graphics
3GB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
160GB SATA hard drive, 5400RPM
DVD Super Multi Double Layer Optical Disc Drive
Wireless LAN -802.11b/g

I have high speed monster USB Cables, and a 2.0 USB hub.

When playing a single track this never happens, but most times when playing live anytime i make adjustments using the jog wheel while in the mix, very frequently i get this squelching sound from the output. It also has occured while looping while 2 tracks are playing. Sometimes it doesnt always distort, sometimes it just feels like someone nudged a turntable.

Also, could someone clarify the settings I should use in my asio config? I use default 512 at the moment, have tried other settings and noticed little change.

Are there internal settings in the denons i can change to improve performance?

Would an external soundcard other than the denons work better?

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 10:43 am
just noticed that other sticky post, will check that out after i return to my units. Really would like to get this working properly, and then get me a ddm 4000 but def cant do that until this sound issue is fixed. Still wonder if any experienced denon users could tell me what your deck/asio settings are at?

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 1:30 pm
Well I used the tool as mentioned in the stick thread, and was able to downtune a couple items. However, until I disabled my ATI video adapter I couldnt stay in the green consistantly. There is still an occassional single yellow or red that comes through every 10 seconds or so but not nearly as bad with the adapter on.

So I still havent tested the sound issue, but IF this does work what are the negatives of running without my display adapter on, or what are possible cures for this? Its came with vista and i downconverted it to XP if that could have any issue with why my video adapter is acting so strangely.

Helps please, trial time is running low!

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:34 am
Ive only got 2 days at best left on the trial, can any of you denon users chime in and tell me what your denons settings are and what you use for asio config?

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 3:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)