Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 7200 RPM internal Hard drive any good?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok so first thing tomorow morning i'm gonna buy my unibody macbook a new hard drive, then install a fresh copy of the new snow leopard and then (Finally!!) buy and install VDJ on my mac... (i was waiting for this moment since January, finally VDJ seems to work ok with the cdj400 on the mac side)

My questions is:
Should i get a 320 GB 7200 RPM or should i get 500 GB 5400 RPM for the same price?

Right now i have a 250 GB 5400 RPM hard drive and its fine.
i'm not so sure if i'll notice a difference in VDJ performance between those two.

Does anyone have an answer for me?

thanks in advance
Omry

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:13 pm
Hello,

If i were you i would go with the 7200 RPM. The faster the RPM the faster read/write you will see. Which means you will get better performance in VDJ. I recently upgraded to a 500GB 7200RPM. I have noticed a 20% difference in performance.

Thanks,
DVJ Carter.

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 2:32 pm
which one have you bought?!
do u use a macbook?!

can u give me some more details? where is the big difference when using the program?

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 4:48 pm
If you're doing audio it's not so important, but if you plan to do video definetly go for 7200rpm drive.

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 6:34 am
thanks guys, im defiantly in to videos so i bought the seagate 500gb 7200 rpm with 16 mb cache.
at the moment installing mac osx from scratch then i'lll be able to buy and install VDJ on my mac.
i'll let you guys know when i'm done :)

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 7:19 am
@Aviry

Noticed you are now a "Proffesional User" - welcome aboard.

=)

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 3:11 pm
thanks man,
just got my hands on the snow leopard cd this moment.
first thing tomorrow morning gonna install it and then virtual dj.
i'll post some feedback when i'll have the chance to play with it a bit.

:)

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 4:29 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
i would say as an os drive in vdj its not going to make a big differnce VDJ ram buffers everything anyways. The heat trade off isn't worth it either I have a 500 in my mac at 5400 and no issues here and I'm video heavy. choice is yours but there was a big recall of apple 7200 rpm drives with issues. So keep that in mind.

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 7:23 pm
DJ Cyder i know what your saying... but:
1. the price difference between the 5400 and 7200 rpm 500gb hard drives was around 20$
2. in the 19th of august apple released a firmware update that solved this problem.

anyways i've already bought it so, wish me luck.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 2:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)