Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MIDI Mixer with Timecode? Is this possible?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Lets say I have a Behringer DDM4000 Mixer (MIDI Compatible) with Stanton t.60s (for timecode solutions).

Is there a way to connect them so that I can have VDJ responding to Midi and timecoded turntables?

Will I need to use the "2 Card" feature on the config screen?

Thanks!

Posté Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 8:25 pm
You will need a separate soundcard that supports the timecode function

Posté Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 10:22 pm
I know this .. but I'm asking how do you configure it?

With the 2 Card Feature?

Card 1 : behringer ddm4000
Card 2: audio 4 dj

Something like that, right?

Posté Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 11:59 pm
I'm using SSL timescodes, a Stanton SCS3M midi mixer, a Stanton T-80 & T92, Shure M-447s, and a Native Instruments Audio DJ 4, and ish is super-duper fly. SCratching the fire out of vids, music, you name it.
I am Lovin VDJ 6 !!!!

Posté Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 11:44 am
Makashino wrote :

With the 2 Card Feature?

Inputs should be set to "Timecodes"

Outputs to "external mixer"

Sound card to "two cards" and in the drop-down look for your external soundcard's drivers or download ASIO drivers at www.asio4all.com and try that instead of "two cards". Try the other way first and see...

DJ RuDe

Posté Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:38 pm
Thanks guys.

Posté Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 5:55 pm
I'm using SSL timescodes, a Stanton SCS3M midi mixer, a Stanton T-80 & T92, Shure M-447s, and a Native Instruments Audio DJ 4, and ish is super-duper fly. SCratching the fire out of vids, music, you name it.
I am Lovin VDJ 6 !!!!

Umm.. I'm not asking about how it is. Im asking how you connected it!

Makashino wrote :

With the 2 Card Feature?

Inputs should be set to "Timecodes"

Outputs to "external mixer"

Sound card to "two cards" and in the drop-down look for your external soundcard's drivers or download ASIO drivers at www.asio4all.com and try that instead of "two cards". Try the other way first and see...

DJ RuDe

When I select timecodes for the input, "2 Cards" does not appear in the soundcards section.

Posté Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 5:59 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
AsI said in the other thread.

Don't think of the mixer as a timecode controller. It isn't. At least not for what you are trying to do. You don't need a 2nd soundcard.

What you need is a 4in 4 out asio soundcard. The soundcard connects your decks to the mixer and to your computer. This way, you are able to use timecode with your Behringer mixer or any other mixer. It has nothing to do with midi.

You need a midi to usb cable to hook up the mixer to the computer. Then you (should) be able to control other aspects of VDJ.

The soundcard is for audio. It's for the timecode

The midi to usb is so the mixer can control functions within VDJ.

Connect the Stantons to the inputs of the soundcard. Connect the outputs of the soundcard to the mixer just like you would connect CD players to the mixer.

In the configuration, select your soundcard (Audio 4 if thats what you have).

Connect the midi to usb to the mixer via midi in midi out part of the cable. connect the usb part of the cable to your computer. You (should) be able to control the features of VDJ with the mixer. you can control the x-fader, the effects, things like that you can do from the mixer. The audio 4 is for AUDIO ONLY.

Understand?

Posté Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)