Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pioneer CDJ-2000 & CDJ-900 are here - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

The CDJ 900 is a more affordable alternative for some i bet
Still has Midi, and can control VDJ

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 6:44 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj-in-norway wrote :

"built in native support for Traktor, Scratch Live and VirtualDJ '"

All I hear is the dude, saying Ableton, Traktor and Scratch live. (2mins, 10secs) I hear no mention of VirtualDJ I may be wrong though

All I can say, it looks bloody awesome. It can do virtually everything software can do, cool, right where's all my memory sticks, lol. But I think I may need a big bank loan if I think about purchasing a pair, lol

Has anybody any ideas on the price of the Unit. CDJ1000 mk3's still sell for about £750 here in the UK.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 11:42 am
pricey but damn looks good

Jimmyb listen @ 2:30 in the first video review ;)

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 11:50 am
jimmy b wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

I hear no mention of VirtualDJ I may be wrong though

Then you heard wrong for sure ;)

Pioneer is also using VirtualDJ in their official promo video for their new awesome DJM-5000 mixer

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:00 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj-in-norway wrote :
jimmy b wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

I hear no mention of VirtualDJ I may be wrong though

Then you heard wrong for sure ;)

D'OH!!!!!

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:10 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
That player Is expensive wow! The price Is really steep!

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:11 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dj-in-norway wrote :
In their official promo video they say that the player has

;)

GREAT news.
For me it's a gift that Pioneer thinks as VDJ one of the three dj software best in the world.

Thank you to all users who are helping Atomix in making a software like that.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:20 pm
Beautiful deck j have hatte to test them

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:32 pm
I was kinda hoping to finally see a DJ media player with an output for an external LCD monitor, so you're not restricted by the tiny screen sizes on these things (even though this is the biggest yet).

It would be nice to have the facility to use a full HD resolution screen and be able to lay out the info the way you want to see it.

Also, listening to what some of the DJs were saying in the videos before the reveal, I thought there was going to be some sort of sequencer built in to it, like a hardware version of Ableton Live, so you could add looped samples, effects etc. to what you're playing.

Maybe next year. Maybe Denon!

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 1:16 pm
I've already confirmed that they will be 100% VDJ ready! Fully MIDI controllable, yeah!

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 1:16 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
The main features they highlighted through the promo videos are as follow:

1 Quantize looping which I think Is a great feature for looping on the fly

2 Record Box software which Is Mac compatible. Big plus for them. You can actually prearranged the BPM the Cues and Loops just using the software.

3 Needle dropping which Is a nice thing

Among all the promotional videos seen on this site; It seems that most of those DJs are club DJs. I am wondering for example how the quantize loop thinggy or the record box will work with world music. I wonder how those features will hold with other music genres.

So far, I have not seen any promos where they demonstrate how the midi features work with any major softwares.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 4:08 pm
They are not going to show you because its not native yet. The decks are new..... You have to wait patiently until the next update. It won't make any sense for DJ software not to be native to this very popular deck.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 4:18 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So what is the difference between the CDJ 2000 and the CDJ 900 when it comes to using them as a controller for Virtual DJ?

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 5:25 pm

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 5:37 pm

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 6:25 pm

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:15 pm
The CDJ 2000 & the CDJ 900 only makes a difference when you are using them without trakktor, Serato, Virtual DJ. They both work the same when you are using either one with the laptop & Your favorite dj software. The buttons can be mapped on the 900 to work like CDJ 2000. Example.. The 900's have the looping buttons on the same area where the CDJ 2000 has its 3 Hot cues. You map the 3 looping buttons on CDJ 900 to Hot cue isntead of looping with Virtual DJ.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:34 pm

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:53 pm
me and the laptop is doing just fine,showing you all this! a laptop with a good dj software been doing all this already.you see the problem with all this companys like denon/Pioneer and others none of them yet to make a very good controller.it's going to be had too replace laptop and software

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 10:37 pm
They look nice but ill pass on this new deck. The price for me is not a problem. I'm gonna stay with my denon 3700's because of the size of the Jogs. The pioneers are more responsive in features but the denons are slighty less. I can deal with that.. One thing i mentioned 2 weeks ago... A laptop will be very hard to replace, Many preffer to see their files on a bigger screen.

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 11:46 pm
47%