Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ CPU usage seems high, and slow to load

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've been having some issues getting VDJ to work properly with my HC4500 controller. It's nearly perfect, but I have slightly distorted or choppy sound. It's slight, but enough for me to notice and certainly enough to make me nervous (feel like the entire PC is about to lock up).

I've tried everything with the settings - Asio drivers, latest firmware (1005 and 1006). I've tried this on 2 machines. I've tried the latency checker too, which actually gives me green results while playing 2 tracks in VDJ, yet YELLOW results when I close VDJ.

What I did notice while looking at a youtube video about VDJ was how long mine takes to start. Looks like I need to follow the instructions for "optimising" the database. However, the CPU load seems high...

Idle, it sits around 50,000k. With 2 tracks playing, I'm running at anything up to 155,000k. That's just playing, no scratching, bending, etc etc.

What's normal or average for VDJ 5.2.1?

By the way, the choppy sound only happens when audio is playing through that Denon controller. I've completely uninstalled the onboard sound so I can't check with "simple output" although I tried another basic USB sound card, and that sounded sweet too.

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 7:39 am
I had some kind of such problem after installing PCI sound card. Solution: I disabled integrated sound card in BIOS. Everything runs well.

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 10:27 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK either I have a faulty Denon (I have that kind of luck) or there's a conflict with VDJ nobody else seems to have come across.

Overall, VDJ and my Denon 4500 are working perfectly. I'm really getting the hang of it after 9 years of using the CDN88 player from Numark.

The problem is the sound. The audio is ever so slightly choppy, like flutter on an old tapedeck or again like a 128k bit rate MP3.

Is there a way to tell VDJ to use a different encoder? The MP3s are fine, they're almost all 320k and CBR. I've tested this with 2 machines and 3 different hard drives including one that was connected via USB.

The good news is - no crashing. It's running smoothly, I can find songs I need quickly, I can beatmix alsmost perfectly.

I'm not expecting some magical quick fix answer here, but I'd really appreciate some trouble shooting ideas. Where do I start to begin fixing this?? One of the machines is a dedicated gig machine, and I'm happy to do a complete OS reinstall as part of the process if it helps. Just ANY help would be appreiated.

Posté Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 8:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)