Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Problems with Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard, Hercules RMX

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all

Haven't had the Macbook Pro long and at first everything seemed to work fine. I'm running the Hercules RMX, VDJ 6.0.2 on OS Snow Leopard.

Now I have frequent problems. The issues are surrounding the controls on the RMX. There is a problem with the start/stop buttons. When I want to start a track nothing happens. Most of the other controls are working, e.g. the treble knobs work - you can see them changing the treble on the software mixer. The issue is with the start buttons. Nothing happens. I have fiddled around and it seems to fix itself if I go into Settings> Sound Settings and then reselect Hercules RMX in the drop down box. The start buttons then work for a few tracks, before, they stop working again, and I have to repeat the reselect of the Hercules RMX in the drop down box.

This is really quite crap, any suggestions as to why this is happening? I'm a bit annoyed as I would have thought that this software would work ok on the Mac.

Thanks

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
Try this,

Open VDJ - make the changes you have done before where it works. DO NOT PLAY ANYTHING.

Exit the software. This should then save the settings.

Re-launch the software and see if it fixes the problem.

If not - let me know and i'll have another think.

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 11:54 am
hey there,
Mac snowleopard and hercules rmx - with new drivers
it seems that i too have this problem.
when i loaded the new hercules driver today for a half hour it all worked fine - i mapped some buttons and then all went tits up.
now the play / stop buttons dont work at all (yes i checked their maping) i then reset, reloaded the software and alas - the play / stp buttons dont work. and VDJ6.02 crashes randomly too. so nada - soooooo disappointed as i was looking forward to a big mix sess.
has anyone else had the problem

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 1:28 pm
I'm still running 10.5.8 and had a similar problem after installing the VDJ update and RMX firmware update... I got around it by going to Config, then hitting Apply.... (Hercules Rmx was showing in the "Sound Card:" box)...

Posté Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 5:21 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Try this,

Open VDJ - make the changes you have done before where it works. DO NOT PLAY ANYTHING.

Exit the software. This should then save the settings.

Re-launch the software and see if it fixes the problem.

If not - let me know and i'll have another think.

Nope, thanks for the suggestion Dan but not doing it. Tried this several times and no joy. Its odd, when I hit play on the RMX the blue LED shows on the unit, but the music doesn't start. When I go into config, sound settings, and click 'Apply' it starts. It will play for a while then 'drop out' again when i load another track and I have to go into settings and click 'Apply' again.

Just to check - I'm using version Firmware version 1.0.31.6. in the Hercules RMX Control Panel and have installed the drivers dated the 17/9/09 from Hercules TS.

Also, I am now (this morning) quite frequently getting VDJ closing unexpectedly on start up.

Help!

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 3:51 am
+1 on what djeddiekay said. I too have to got to config and hit apply to get my RMX to play. I only have to do it once when I first start VDJ and then its fine.

Andrew.

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 1:22 pm
@andrewsmith86 @djeddiekay

Ok, those of you that are having to reset everytime. Have you changed your permissions to the VDJ folder in Documents to READ & WRITE.

@richphillips
try downloading this mapper by coice - see if this solves your problems. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 1:54 pm
thanks Dan, they're already configured that way... the problem seems to have resolved itself... sometimes "Restarting" isn't the same as "Shutting Down" then "Restarting" maybe the firmware update just needed a kick in the ass 8-\

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 8:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)