Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I'm not sure

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

if this is the place to post this, but here goes. I recored 2 one hour long mixes yesterday and I played them back today and they sound horrible. Meaning, distorted and not clear to hear. Is there a free software that I can download and run it thru a program to make it sound nice and clear? Any help is always appreciated.

Syberman
Go Giants, Beat Dallas!!!!!!!

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:25 am
Hi Syberman, I use VDJ for recording with great results. I'm thinking you might have your recording levels set to high. Try lowering them, then record a 4or5 minute session to check. If you still have distortion try lowering some more tilll you get the sound right. I learned the hard way by recording an hour also just to find out it sounded awful. See if that works for you.

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 12:34 pm
Ya, I never had a problem before. This is my first time having an issue with recording. When I played it back it sounded horrible. I lowered everything and it still sound bad. Don't know, mabye my sc is crapping out on me.

Syberman

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 9:18 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If it was recorded distorted then there is nothing that will make it sound clear, except to re-record it with cleaner levels. As they say "garbage in garbage out".
With audio you can record low and boost volume with software to a 0 db and still have it sound clean...unless you are dubbing from a cassette then the hiss will increase with the increased decibles.

Take the audio source and try playing it back on a different computer or in a regular cd player. If its distorted then you're stuck and might be your input levels being too high or the card taking a dive.

Posté Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:50 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
you are recording from the line in (mic input) on your computer I am assuming. I have had this problem before. I would record a mix with my mixer turned down cause it was late (don't want to piss off the roomies you know, lol) and it would sound great. but the next day I would record another one with the mixer up cause it was daytime and I could be louder and it would sound like ass. go into your mic settings on your computer (for external mic) and make sure you mic boost is at 0 and adjust your mic level until it sounds good. just have to keep doing small mixes (you can just record about 30-45 seconds and be able to tell usually) and keep playing them back till it sounds good. now if you do a mix later where you have to turn your mixer/master volume down, you will have to turn your mic back up again. hope that helps.

Michael

P.S. I usually have my mic settings around 60-80 for when the mixer is down, and 25-50 when the mixer is up (all just depending on how much I turn it up or down). hope that helps with some possible base lines to work with.

Posté Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 1:10 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)