Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Audio Pops v6.0.2 with Pioneer MEP7000

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I got the MEP7000 this week. Tonight was the first chance I've had to installing it on my primary laptop. With the MEP7000 the dual disk drive is the Asio soundcard. I am also using the current firmware release for the MEP7000.

When playing videos I'm getting audio pops and the audio sounds kinda like a bad master tempo (master tempo is off in vdj as I don't use it).

I've gone thru all the performance settings in config and still the same. Even with "fastest". I tried it with overclock and safe mode ticked. I tried it with only safe mode ticked...etc etc equals same results. I tried it with the latency on "auto" and even on other settings when I moved the performace slider to the right.

I read on the cmbdj post about the latency under Asio Config...I could not try that with mine because when I click on the box it tells me the device is in use...doh its still connected. Didn't try to see if I could select the box with the drive disconnected.

What else is there to try?

Posté Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 9:20 pm
Oh the laptop is a Dell Inspiron.

I did come across a post from search where CStoll gave some recommendations and mentioned Dell's crappy drivers. Something must not like the mep7000 asio driver.

I don't have these sound issues when using M-Audio Connectiv as the soundcard. I wouldn't mind using that or the Fast Track Pro that I have but I don't think I could use the controller like it should with it connected to the MEP drive. When I did have it hooked up that way (didnt realize it was also the wrong way) none of the information was displayed on the unit and the leds were off but yet the controller did function like normal, just that, again, no leds or song display information.

Posté Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 9:47 pm
Just an update...

Still happening on the Dell Inspiron E1705. It does NOT happen with, get this, HP Mini 110 (Intel Atom). Dell must not like Pioneer's ASIO. Ughhhhh.

If anyone has any input I would certainly love to hear it as I'm pretty frustrated. It will suck having to carry an external soundcard for video usage all because the ASIO card built into the MEP 7000 won't function properly with my Dell Inspiron E1705.

Posté Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 3:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)