Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Help needed with Mapping DMC2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have no idea how to map my original settings for my Numark DMC2. Maybe if I can get help with a couple I can figure this out. I want to do the following:

1.) Have my wheel slowly speed or slow down the music when a song is playing.
2.) When the song is stopped, I want the wheel to scratch so I can cue songs.
3.) I want to hear the song in the headphones when a wheel is touched. I am using Herlules MK2 for the headphones soundcard.

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 1:57 am
To change the speed of the wheel go to Config, Options and there is a jog sensitivity there.

How do I get the song to be played in the headphones when I touch the wheel?

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 2:50 am
Use the wheel mode button that will change from scratch, jog wheel, browser, and search.

Jog wheel mode will slowly move the speed of the song forward or backwards.

Search mode will move quicker to find cue points.

Scratch mode well you should no what that does

Browser mode will let you browse through your songs a lot quicker.

As for using you mk2 for sound card im not quite sure how that will work as it will be wanting to preview what you are mixing through the mk2.

I would suggest buying the dj io sound and a external mixer as this is what i use with the dmc2 on mobile gigs and it work perfect together.

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 4:15 am
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
in addition to what rob said, you could also get a USB mixer (I use the C3USB mixer with my DMC2) and use it as your external sound card and your mixer. and I too have no problems out of my setup.

Michael

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 7:08 am
Good point fuskit i never thought of that as i have never used a usb mixer.

I used to have numark total control with the dj io for preview. I found the dj io to be good with the dmc2 and a external mixer so i didnt sell the dj io with the total control.

I might look into a usb mixer as it would make my setup a bit more simple and quicker to set up.

Do you reccomend any.

Thanks

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:43 am
1. Make sure that the DMC-2 WHEEL MODE button is jogwheel mode (The button LED should be off.) It will then pitch bend instead of scratching when the song is playing.

2. Go to CONFIG -> Options and set the jogwheel bend slider to the same value as the scratch slider above it. It will then scratch when the song is paused with the same response as when the controller is in vinyl (Scratch) mode.

3. Change the jogwheel's mapping via CONFIG -> Mappers (Select the DMC-2 in the drop-down list) to the following: select & jog_wheel - This will cause the appropriate deck to be selected every time the jogwheel is moved.

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:44 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
rob.mccombe wrote :
Good point fuskit i never thought of that as i have never used a usb mixer.

I used to have numark total control with the dj io for preview. I found the dj io to be good with the dmc2 and a external mixer so i didnt sell the dj io with the total control.

I might look into a usb mixer as it would make my setup a bit more simple and quicker to set up.

Do you reccomend any.

Thanks

honestly the only USB mixer I have used is the C3USB mixer so my opinion is alittle biased being as I haven't used any others. but I love mine. I recommend it to anyone looking for a 19" rack mount mixer. but again, being as its the only USB mixer I have used....alittle one sided, lol. I know Rude and a few others have the same setup as me (DMC2 and C3USB) so you can check with them as well and see what they think of it as well, or what they might recommend.

Michael

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)