Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet something isn't right......

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
for some reason, occasionally when I play songs in the right deck (the red one) I will get strange pops and stuff in my audio. but ONLY on the right side, the left side doesn't do it. now I haven't noticed this with my DMC2 not plugged in, only when it is. but then again, when its not plugged in I am listening on the laptop speakers and not my sound system. Latency is all in the green (barely even visible green), keylock is off, jogs have been tried in EVERY mode (jog, search, move loop, shrink loop, scratch) and I still can't seem to narrow it down.

my system specs are:

HP Pavilion DV5-1125nr Entertainment Notebook PC
4GB of ram
250 GB HDD
Vista Premium 64 bit

it didn't used to do this, just started it recently like maybe in the last week or so. I haven't changed or updated a thing. and again, it doesn't do it all the time. its rather random actually. I don't know it might have to do with my crossfader on my mixer (C3USB) but not sure, figured I would ask here if anyone had had this before or not first.

thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

Posté Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 4:53 am
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
anyone at all have any ideas?

Michael

Posté Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 6:58 pm
I am having a similar problem. I recently downloaded version 6 and at the end of my gig the right (red) side audio started to jump and stutter. I use a dmc2 controller with no sound card. What seemed to make it go away was to change the wheel mode. What should I do.

Posté Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 3:41 pm
The C3USB has sound issues. I stopped using it and my C3USB after I bought my Pioneer system in April. I kept the C3USB connected to channel 3 of my Pioneer DJM-800 for the last 5 months so that I could have 3 extra mics connected to it through the C3USB into my Pioneer mixer. Basically I was using the extra channels of the C3USB through a single channel on my DJM-800. I was using it as a mic mixer.

First off I had a terrible AC hum, and I had little pops and crackles as well as some sound quality issues. Finally what I did was buy a real pre-amp mic mixing board, an Allen & Heath ZED 22FX. I disconnect the Numark completely. I then reconnected everything through the Allen & Heath including my Pioneer and WOW! What a difference!!

Unfortunately and I hate to say it but... I think the old saying holds true. You get what you pay for. If you buy cheap equipment you'll get cheap quality... period.

Do what I did... schedule a few gigs, save up and do away with the starter equipment and you will find out what I mean. No offense, I was were you were just a few months ago. Now I can't believe the sound quality I'm hearing, OUTSTANDING!!!

DJ RuDe

Posté Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 12:46 am
umberto l wrote :
I recently downloaded version 6 and at the end of my gig the right (red) side audio started to jump and stutter. I use a dmc2 controller with no sound card. What seemed to make it go away was to change the wheel mode.

If the jogwheel was in scratch (Vinyl) mode (WHEELMODE LED on), then vibrations from your sound system could have been causing the jogwheel to move (It's very free spinning and moves very easily) activating scratch and pausing the music momentarily.

If you don't scratch, then it's a good idea to leave the DMC-2 in jogwheel mode (WHEELMODE LED off.) Small movements caused by vibrations will then only cause it to pitch bend, which for such small amounts will be unnoticeable.

If you find the scratch response for cueing up music to slow, you can increase it via the jogwheel cue slider in CONFIG -> Options (Set it to the same position as the scratch slider for the same performance.)

Posté Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 1:02 pm
I'm running VDJ 6.01 on a Vaio with a DMC2 and C3USB mixer. Sounds great, but it took some doing. I DLed Windows 7, turned off everything I knew how and clicked SAFE mode. The problem is more then likely not the controller or mixer. Work with the CONFIG.

CRash

Posté Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 8:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)