Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DJM-700 with virtual dj?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jvg123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey virtual djers i am looking to buy a mixer with midi control with 4 channels. The pioneer DJM-700 looks pretty sick has 4 channels and allot of effects and midi control. BUT i hear there are some problems with the midi control, like a few nobs or faders send multiple midi keys and it just gets messed up. If you are using the DJm-700 how is it holding up with virtual dj? Bugs? Hard ware problems?

Thanks for you help =?

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 1:35 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have no problems at all..............very good mixer, I hardly use VDJ anymore (because of the timecode engine, that's another topic tho) but when I do, I run 5.2.

I also midi mapped it with Serato and works perfect also.

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 2:51 pm
Well thats a little reassuring. I am using VDJ 6.0.2 sooo any one else with the DJM-700 using VDJ 6.0.2 with the same success? Would like multiple opinions. Thanks guys =?

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 6:17 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
It also works fine with 6.0.2.......make sure you get the Edirol UM-2EX with it is about $40

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 9:38 pm
So i am a little confused so you connect the midi wires from the DJM-700 to the midi in on the Edirol-2EX then from that it goes to USB to your lap top. Then what are the two midi outs for on the Edirol-2EX? Sorry if the answer is obvious i only have been using USB midi controllers. So i don't know. If you have pictures that would be most helpful i am a visual learner.

On another note i am going to be using the multi instance skin to control two instances, which means 4 decks. Will the DJM-700 be able to control all 4 decks? It is a 4 channel mixer.
I do have two sound cards, Numarks virtual vinyl and NI audio 4 DJ. I hear you need two sound cards to make it work.
Yo SBDJ I need your advise.

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 11:48 pm
Nice setup DJPR1, lol!!

Syberman

Posté Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 4:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
jvg123 wrote :
On another note i am going to be using the multi instance skin to control two instances, which means 4 decks. Will the DJM-700 be able to control all 4 decks? It is a 4 channel mixer.
I do have two sound cards, Numarks virtual vinyl and NI audio 4 DJ. I hear you need two sound cards to make it work.
Yo SBDJ I need your advise.

If you're using multi-instance, you can use the two sound cards, both in external mixer mode to the DJM-700 and mix all 4 channels on it using it's audio mixer functionality.

It's MIDI functionality will only work in one instance of VDJ however.

Posté Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 7:13 am
Man that sucks. I was really hoping to get the DJM-700. O well. I guess then i should get two 2 channel mixers with midi. One for each instance.
Thanks for the help guys. Will look in to other mixers then. hopefully one day VDJ will have 4 decks soon like trackor, then VDJ would be the sickest ever.

Posté Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 2:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)