Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mac OSX Snow Leopard & Denon 4500 Issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Guys

I am trying to set up my Denon 4500 with my Mac Book Pro. I am following all the directions posted on the forum but after 2 days of trying I gave up.

My process so far:
I go under Utilities on my Mac and under Audio and MIDI configuration I see the denon 4500 and select 4CH-16bit
Thank I go to VDJ sound card config, and select:
Inputs: None
External Mixer Two channels
Than sound cards: Two, and select Denon 4500 on both places.

Than when I play the tracks, both tracks are heard on the same channel, and the sound is horrible, almost like a very stong flanger effect and distorted.

I read some where that a naggragated choice should be created but on the mac book pro snow leopard (lates 10.6.1) I do no see that option any where on creating the aggragated choice, I also believe that that has to be created if you have two independet players like the Denon 3700 or 1200 and does not apply to the 4500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 10:01 am
ur output should be set to four channel

Posté Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 11:25 pm
the sound card option should be the one that looks like a bunch of batterys and next to it select the 4500

Posté Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 11:26 pm
alfredodosil wrote :

Iam not in front of my computer but as an external mixer,VDJ goes up to 3 channels, one for each deck and the third for the sample.

alfredodosil wrote :
the sound card option should be the one that looks like a bunch of batterys and next to it select the 4500

I will def try this when i get home, and see if it does the trick.

Thank you for your response.

Posté Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 12:56 pm
Hello!

I have the same setup: MacBook with Snow Leopard & Denon 4500. How do I configure the effectbuttons on the controller? Ex how do I get the "break effect" assigned to the controller?

I also wonder how I install new soundeffects (like the standard "Put your hands up" that loops in the same beat as the music etc)

Thanks!

Posté Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 3:56 am
You can assign effects by pressing the MEMO button and following the instructions on the HC4500's display.

Alternatively, assuming you are using v6, you can directly map the buttons by going to CONFIG -> Mappers, choosing the HC4500 in the drop-down list, finding the button you wish to assign/change and then typing the appropriate action in the box, e.g:

effect 'Brake' active

sampler 1 play_stop

Posté Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 2:04 pm
DJHelios wrote :
alfredodosil wrote :

Iam not in front of my computer but as an external mixer,VDJ goes up to 3 channels, one for each deck and the third for the sample.

alfredodosil wrote :

I will def try this when i get home, and see if it does the trick.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you must select 4 Channel in the soundoption.

Which Denon Firmware are you use? the newest is v1006

Posté Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 2:22 am
Thank you very much pboggis! :-D

Posté Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 1:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)