Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Errors in Windows 7....

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi.
VDJ 6.xx has serious bugs with explorer in Seven. Each time VDJ opens a explorer window (does so to search the clips on clipbank plugin, for example, or to search the images for SlideShow plugin), it freezes for a while or definitly when you click the desired action button of the window (for example, "open") Instead of closing the explorer window, it freezes and remains on the top of the VDJ skin. Sometimes it closes, but if you do it twice or three times, it will freeze.
I've tried 3 different PC with their own setups (MacBook Pro with BootCamp, high-end HP Laptop and high-end PC workstation) and both 32 and 64 bits eds.
Hope you update VDJ to fully support W7...... Thanks a lot!
See ya...

Posté Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 6:18 am
i have been running Cue on windows 7 since it came out and i haven't had any problems that where not user related.

Posté Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 8:47 am
I have this same problem running WIndows 7 64bit on VDJ 6.03. The Windows File Open Dialog would freeze, over top of the VDJ Window. The VDJ would still play but you could not interact with it to load the next track. The video running on the projection would also go to all white. I suspect the problem is related to the windows api call for the file open command.

The gig was a Bat Mitzvah at a Cournty Culb. We had to resort to the backup comptuer while we rebooted the primary.

Any Virtual DJ staff who monitors this:

Please try to reprodce this issue, but doing the following:

1. VDJ 6.03, WIndows 7 Pro, 64 bith.
2. Setup VDJ to dual monitors, the 2nd Monitor running full Screen (NON- Window), hardware accelerated mode.
3 While Playing audio, also use the included Video Effcet - Slide SHow.
4 Use The Open for the Slide SHow plug in and select your directory/files. Eventually the Open dialog will freeze, your 2nd monitor will go all white, and you will have no contorl over the VDJ interface.

I was able to avoid rebooting by:

1. Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, then Select Cancel, this seems to get rid of the File Seleciton Dialog. You will then have some contorl over VDJ, but it wont be correct. The 2nd Monitor (project will be all white and you can't change it).

2. EXIT out of VDJ.

3, Restart VDJ

Posté Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 7:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You are talking about pluggins not virtualdj. Can you reproduce it with the sampler or record menus ?

Posté Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 1:22 am
I am talking about using the Video Effects - Slideshow that comes standard with Virtual DJ.

Posté Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 12:14 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try to set window appearance preferences for maximum performance, that helped me to avoid freezing

Posté Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 1:14 pm
chakerhPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all,
I have the same problem with widows 7 on many laptops, whenever i use the slide show the pic freezes. so i press on clt+ alt+ del.
then the laptop will work again, but no picture on the other screen (projector), so i had to activate the video.
On window vista i have no problem, so i think i will reinstall the vista, since i tried to update the display driver many times with no result

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 7:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)