Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pitch Changes without warning v6.0.2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,

this has bugged me for sometime now and it happened again on my last gig to my embarassment.

What I usually do If someone requests a song I usually do a search and drop the song into the Automix List.

I don't use automix but use it as a holding ground for songs that have been requested. When I want to play them I just manually drag them onto a player ready for playing.

The problem is that random songs dragged from this list will automatically change the pitch when being dropped onto a player.

In my V.6.0.2 Pro settings I have:

Autopitch Matching = Disabled
Pitch Reset on Load = Enabled

With the above settings I would have thought that this would reset the pitch to "0" with every song load.

Strangely enough, this "pitch shift" does not manifest itself if I put my song requests in the side list, and then drop them onto a player.

I am using a DAC III using the inbuilt mapper script to control it with no modifications to the default script whatsoever.

I am totally baffled and would appreciate some pointers in stopping this happening.

Posté Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 3:14 pm
By the way I should add that I don't use the keyboard shortcuts so I cant see a kyboard shortcut affecting the pitch controls.

Thanks

Posté Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 3:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Next time this happens and if you are using the Default V6 skin ... look at the Scratch panel at the bottom .. is beatlock ON ?

Posté Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:48 pm
billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Did anyone find the answer to the automatic pitch change on random songs, cause it is happening to me and driving me mad!!!
I have noticed though that it only happenens with the newer versions of vdj, I am using 6.1.2 at the moment and it happens with that one

Posté Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 2:21 am
I too have noticed this, seems like only newer versions of my Numark Cue. I'm currently running 6.1.2 (b301). I have not been able to reproduce it everytime yet. It seems to just happen on its own and in my case the pitch is always MUCH Slower. Almost like I was playing a 45 on 33 speed. Very strange.

Is this similar behavior to others' problems?

Thanks
Schug

Posté Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 7:35 pm
Try using a different controller with your set other than the Dac 3. I had to abandon mine and now I use a Denon HC4500 without controller problems. It has nothing to do with skin trust me I have ripped my hair out with this issue and many others with VDJ. Rent or borrow a different controller and see if you still get a flux in bpm.

Posté Sat 09 Oct 10 @ 4:32 pm
I had finally gotten to give version 7 a go and have noticed this problem as well.

I am using RMX for my mixer
Win 7 32 bit with 3 gig memory.

The right deck would match the pitch to the left deck. When I would correct the pitch upon cue it would reset itself to the matching beat of the left deck.

I also have the option check for reset on bpm

Any answers yet on this issue?

Otherwise the new version rocked.

Posté Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 12:54 am
version 5.2.1 does it also but it use to not do this? ill just slow down for no reason

Posté Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 1:08 pm
So any answer to the fix off this problems and its not a controller issue the virtual dj team should know that can someone give us a answer on how to stop this problem because if this app can hold a beat for sometime then virtual dj is useless

Posté Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 11:11 am
Go to your settings at top right of screen, go to options, select advanced options on upper right, in the search box type auto then go down to audio, then click on the autobpmmatch and select no. DONE.

Posté Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 7:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
3 years and 10 months later IBTL!

Posté Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 7:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)