Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 6.03 Mac Release - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is this a joke? Seems more like a PC update then a Mac update...

The freaking pre-view windows still dont line up when using a full screen skin, and the CPU runs twice as hard as 5.2... when cross fading from video to video everything starts to freeze...

So far its pretty much the same program as before... I would be happy if just 1 signifigant issue was different... Although Im glad to hear the stop button finally got fixed on the "Steel" mapper, i do not use that controller so it does nothing for me...

Thanks a lot guys. :-(

Posté Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 6:37 pm
It wasn't much help to me either. BUT, it plays my MOV files... finally. :P

Posté Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 11:09 pm
Good to hear... I even noticed my Exsession Pro now works properly as well, i tried playing on 6.0.3 last night in the club, but it ran like crap... I understand that Apple isnt making it easier for VDJ to advance, but why the heck is 6.03 going backwards compared to 5.2.1 with regards to video???

They were obviously going in the right direction with 5.2.1, so why not improve on that???

Posté Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 11:59 am
Good question.

Posté Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 1:21 pm
troguiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
acw_dj wrote :

Este foro para MAC es en inglés
No hay version de prueba para MAc todavía. En el foro en Español hay un apartado para Mac en Español.

Respete las normas del foro.

oye quiero hacerte una sugerencia ,no hay necesidad de que te expreces asi que respete el foro en ingles que cualquiera tiene una equivocacion mas cuando no se conoce bien el foro,ademas yo creo que si el quiere escribir en espanol lo puede hace en este foro si alguin lo quiere ayudar hace la traduccion y ya pero no cojan lucha con eso ,es mi humilde opinion parece que se pasan aveces con sus normas .

Posté Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 9:07 pm
PTown, can you elaborate on the meaning of "ran like crap" please?

Posté Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 9:22 pm
isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
AuralCandy.Net wrote :
isrort wrote :
Wheres Appcleaner? what could happen if i do not remove the old files and just overwrite them?

AppCleaner is third-party utility that removes application and all the files associated with it. It's free and you can download it from here.

It's just a precaution, but the point is to prevent a situation where your application is version X but the assosiated files are for version Y, which could theretically mean they are not compatible with each other.

This principle applies to all Mac software, not just VDJ. Sometimes applications install some additional config files, libraries etc. which won't get deleted when you just drag the application to trash can. That's why using an utility like AppCleaner is recommended.

perfect Aural, thanks for the advise.

Saludos

Posté Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 1:09 pm
PtownDJ, I agree with you. They can keep on developing 5.2.1, or using 5.2.1 video engine on 6.x (the greatest problem, I think)....

Posté Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 7:04 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Guys please try this for me

Use a non video skin, then load up some videos it works here wonderfully, the minute I load a skin with video previews the problem starts for me but using a skin without video windows my 6.03 runs here beautifully. If i'm right this proves the problem isn't in the video engine at all.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 11:59 am
I'll be happy to try that... I dont need the pre-views, but there nice to have...

Posté Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 2:06 pm
alienimplant wrote :
PTown, can you elaborate on the meaning of "ran like crap" please?

When i loaded a new video, or cue'd and listened to video in the headphones... Not only did my video output start to have a strobe effect, but the screen on the laptop as well...

Again, i have do not have these problems in 5.2.1...

Gonna try Cyder's suggestion, i hope he's right...

Thanks Cyder.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 2:09 pm
djquanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i finally can use vv6 works great some far now let me try videos

Posté Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 3:09 pm
djquanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
5 successful jobs with 6.03 bout time

Posté Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 7:59 pm
I had some time eventually to give vdj mac a try..... again so far so good. Did an hours mixing yesturday and went fine no problem. The hercules steel was great and all just worked.

Still get a problem when i close down vdj, it constantly crashes which i dont like to see but other then that quite nice, my faith is being restored slightly, still gonna do alot more testing before my busy december schedule but i am hoping i can ditch the bootcamp and use mac for the very first time since i brought it (which was like a year ago i think).

I am not not a video users but just say for instance i was interested in starting the video scene, could i use itunes song movies?

Also i have the macpro, (only a year old) what adapter do i buy, would it be a mini display port to dvi or vga? and does it work ok?

Random questions i know just curious as i have had some clubs interested in doing this and have asked me what i think.

Last thing i want to do though is show them something buggy so if it not up to scratch i would rather wait.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 2:22 am
You can play videos from iTunes as far as I know, but not the DRM formats that Apple uses to protect content (Atomix, correct me if I'm wrong).

You can get a mini video jack to VGA adapter at the Apple store. It should work just fine.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 11:15 am
i find one bug! Some video clips that worked with old version (6.0.2) in stereo, working new worsion (6.0.3) only left chanel. :(
Please fix this or mayby somebody knows how i can fix is myself?

Posté Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 3:49 pm
At Cyder's suggestion i tried VDJ 6.0.3 using a skin that has no video... There was no difference, and the CPU meter nearly maxes out while loading video's... Isnt this version supposed to need less CPU resources?

Posté Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 9:20 pm
yeah, not much of a video fix, i'm afraid. the only improvement in my view is the MOV support (which i'm very happy about)

Posté Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 10:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
PtownDJ wrote :
At Cyder's suggestion i tried VDJ 6.0.3 using a skin that has no video... There was no difference, and the CPU meter nearly maxes out while loading video's... Isnt this version supposed to need less CPU resources?

which skin did you use? I've found This One to be by far the best performing on my system here. The CPU is supposed to go high when loading tracks, we want the tracks to load as fast as possible, it will settle down once a track is done loading, this is normal operation for VDJ on both pc and mac.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 12:03 am
I'll try this weekend... Tonight i used the mixer mode skin and VDJ worked great, i didnt use video so we will see how it goes this weekend... When i talked about the cpu meter, i understand it goes up when loading, but on mine it maxes out and the video playing strobes... We will see how it goes this weekend... Thanks for the heads up... Have a great holiday.

Chris.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 10:10 pm
77%