Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Gain Control on Rmx

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Do i have something set wrong in the config i find that when i want to increase/Decrease the gain for the next Track i seem to have to turn the gain knob all the way to the right then left to actually get it to work and show in the program?

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 7:08 am
Does this happens with every song or just one?

Because sometimes, i have difficulty to get my gain quickly to work. especially song that has too much db or less db that my mixer can't reach to fix it.

if your db too great you cant fix it. but i didnt had a song that i couldnt fix yet.

-30db you need to turn your knob way further counter clockwise to reach it and once you got it, you turn right to get more db.
you'll need to turn less your knob if your song is a -3db than a -10db.

if it doesnt work.
Do you see your gain knob moving on your vdj skin ?
Yes - properly mapped
no - not mapped. - map it!

(YES) still doesn't work, go to settings, options, '' auto gain '' set -> auto+remember. (it will remember your gain last setting of every songs so when you play it again 3 days later you don't have to set it back.)

now does it work?

(NO) go to settings -> mapper -> select - Hercules rmx ->
key GAIN
action gain_slider

OK

should be mapped now.

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 9:27 am
Hi this happens on every song i can see the gain move on the screen but only when i turn it left or right on the mixer it seems as though it is stuck to start with, once it moves it is fine until the next track.

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 9:52 am
if you have the gain set to auto+remember try disabling it...

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 10:54 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hawkmoon12 wrote :
Do i have something set wrong in the config i find that when i want to increase/Decrease the gain for the next Track i seem to have to turn the gain knob all the way to the right then left to actually get it to work and show in the program?

No you don't. I've noticed this.

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times of the gain dial before it reads in the software. I don't know whether it's a driver problem or a programme problem.

If you run in automix mode it's even worse. You can turn the dail a few times before it registers.

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 11:10 am
I had similar problems.

gain, bass, mids, highs would stop working for no reason.

I found (my) problem asociated with the Hercules mapper. once I disable the mapper, it worked fine.

hopes this helps

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 11:17 am
maybe try before you play live open vdj select hercules rmx(making sure up to date drivers) and move every knob slider button before you load a song or video then your knobs will work faster ect

Posté Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:19 pm
djstaffy wrote :
maybe try before you play live open vdj select hercules rmx(making sure up to date drivers) and move every knob slider button before you load a song or video then your knobs will work faster ect

As stated this happens with every track and i do turn all the knobs and sliders before playing drivers are the latest?

Posté Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 7:53 am
R u using the RMX controller? i have the same problem some time but doesn't seem to affect me much once i adjust the volume before making the mix live.
I am not sure how to fix this problem but i linked the issue on latency from the midi controller and software....

DJ Omar

Posté Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 1:56 pm
When I set The Gain control in the middle it will not set to "O". When I move The Level all the up,it only goes to 2.5. I upgraded to desktop instead of laptop were I did not have this problem.

Posté Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 11:24 pm
As far as i am aware, the operation of the gain knob, has no effect on adjustment until it reaches the location of the gain dial as shown on the vdj skin. this is done to stop a sudden change in gain/volume.

so if your dial is say at 2 o'clock position the gain knob will not adjust anything until it to is at 2'oclock position, then you can increase or decrease.

just image if the gain dial was at the 7'oclock position, and your knob was at 4'oclock position, if u moved the knob, you would get a tremendous and sudden increase in volume, this you do not want.

If u need a larger range of gain, you could change the gain knob mapping from gain_slider to gain.

Hope that helps

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 4:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)