Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Slow database searches and freezes with 6.04

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Searching the database seems painfully slow with 6.04 compared with previous versions, I often get freezes of 5-10 seconds when performing a search, audio and video keep running but the laptop screen freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am running on Windows 7, didnt notice it in Vista

Posté Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 3:25 pm
What system and version of windpws 7 you running?

Searching the database seems painfully slow with 6.04 compared with previous versions, I often get freezes of 5-10 seconds when performing a search, audio and video keep running but the laptop screen freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am running on Windows 7, didnt notice it in Vista

Posté Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 9:44 pm
Running on an Acer Aspire 9304wsmi Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium), AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Tech TL56 (1.8ghz, 2 x 512 L2 Cache, 4gb ddr2 Ram, GeForce Go 6100 384bmb Graphics, 120gb internal hard drive.

Posté Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 11:12 pm
running the database on an external or complete internal HD ?

Posté Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 12:59 am
Running with 4 external USB2 drives via a powered USB hub, it seems to be since changing to windows 7 that its slow at searching, it was ok in vista, although in general the cpu useage in windows 7 is much lower.

Posté Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 8:55 am
Are they portable HDD's that could possibly be spinning down?

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 11:04 am
Dlearious wrote :
Are they portable HDD's that could possibly be spinning down?

No there are normal full size external drives and I have them set in the device manage to not let windows power them down.

Posté Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 8:00 am
I am having the SAME issue, but with Windows XP. I use VDJ 6.04 and since the upgrade, it takes 5 seconds to even see what I was typing in the search box and another 5 seconds to see the results. I have plenty of ram, I did a database creation and it STILL doesn't speed things up, so I killed background programs yet still no change.

Posté Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 6:40 pm
tzoromski1 wrote :
I am having the SAME issue, but with Windows XP. I use VDJ 6.04 and since the upgrade, it takes 5 seconds to even see what I was typing in the search box and another 5 seconds to see the results. I have plenty of ram, I did a database creation and it STILL doesn't speed things up, so I killed background programs yet still no change.

Thats exactly the problem I am having its been since 6.04 as well, I have 4gb of ram this has never been an issue before.

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 9:36 pm
I have experienced this so called issue in Virtual DJ from version 5.0 up until 6.04 on Windows XP & Vista. I believe it is the way VDJ probes the HDD's to search data folders for files registered in the database. I also have fast desktop sized 3.5" 7200RPM HDD's...used both IDE and SATA styles no real difference. I don't have any slowness when typing in search queries, but if I am searching my HDD's with data sizes of over 10GB...VDJ takes up to 5-10 secs to load the file in the folder. My MP3's are also broken down into many subfolders which I imagine takes up some time. When VDJ probes the folder my HDD LED goes solid and I hear the disk crackling so it all never really screws up a gig, I just click and wait a few secs and boom. I wonder if there is an option to make VDJ quit verifying large directories...my main MP3 folders are 143GB and 68GB in size so I can wait a few seconds for VDJ to think about it. Unless this actually fucks you up large sauce at a gig or in the recording studio I'd say live with it...I have since it hasn't punched me in the face.

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 11:32 pm
Just took a look in the VDJ options...

If you go to the "Browser" Tab, under the "info gatherings" section...set "Search Datebase" option to ADD MANUALLY.

I noticed a slight decrease in folder load times. Give it a shot and see if it helps. I'll keep playing with shit...I'd like this to be faster too

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 11:36 pm
houseofboom wrote :
Just took a look in the VDJ options...

If you go to the "Browser" Tab, under the "info gatherings" section...set "Search Datebase" option to ADD MANUALLY.

I noticed a slight decrease in folder load times. Give it a shot and see if it helps. I'll keep playing with shit...I'd like this to be faster too

I already have it set on that option, will install 6.05 tomorrow hopefully that will sort it.

Posté Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 6:06 pm
I wish Atomix would post what bugs they fixed with each update.....

Posté Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 6:40 pm

Posté Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 7:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)