Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet urgent playlist help please!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi folks -

Just bought VDJ this week for a NYE party.

I'm having some oddities with the playlist feature.... For a while I was able to add songs to the right hand pane while browsing folders on the left pane or using the search tool.

Something changed now where if I use the right or middle panes the playlist empties out.

It seems like this is related to saving over an existing playlist, but I'm not sure. It also seemed like a full reboot fixed it but I just tried that again and no luck....

Help please! T-8 hours for me!

Posté Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 1:27 pm
The playlist should be a folder on the left, only. The right side is for automix only. Once automix has played all of the tracks, it may clear out, or at least when you close the program. There is a setting to clear played songs, also. I don't use the playlist, but if you have that folder present on the left side, then all of the songs you played, say 2 days ago, will be in a folder labeled something like 12-29-09.
Hope that helps a little!

Posté Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 6:03 pm
Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the record, if any of you wish to use the playlist function to organise your sets, I have found a work-around that allows you to do so. I do indeed think this is a bug which would be nice to get sorted too!!, let me explain.

If you go through the various folders on the left and then drag the songs from the main browser window to the right hand "auto-mix" window, they are stored there, and you can make up the list for playing and re-organise etc as you require. Once you have your complete list on the right, you can click on the "+" symbol in that window beneath the "start automix" button and select the "Save..." option which from the menu, which will then prompt for a name.

Once saved, you can find this recently saved "playlist" in the left hand window in the "playlists" section. Now THIS is where the bug can be found. If you click on the entry in the list, it shows in the middle and right hand windows and changes when you select a different entry, which I think should be classed as correct operation, BUT, "right-click" on the entry in the list and select the "Load in Playlist" option should in my opinion load it into the right hand window so that when you select anything else, the right window is now "fixed", so you can add new songs to that collection, thus enabling you to "edit" that set. This does not happen though, and it seems that both left clicking or selecting the "Load in Playlist" option do the same thing, which is of no use at all; basically "Load in Playlist" does nothing at all.

Ok, so you want to work around this problem? Here's how!!

Select the "set" you saved earlier with a left click so it loads in the middle and right hand windows. Click the "+" and select the "Clear" option to clear the list in the right hand window. Go back to the middle window and left click one of the songs there once, then on your keyboard hold down "CTRL" and press "a" to select all in that list. Now with the mouse, click and hold down the left mouse button on any of those selected songs and drag it to the right hand window. You will now see all the files have appeared in the right hand window as before, but the software now classes this as a new list, and will allow you to change folders as before and ann/remove/shuffle the songs around just as needed!! Don't forget to save the list again though, else your changes will be lost!!

I hope this helps some people who like to keep lists, and I also hope a Dev checks here and can possibly take a look at the software to improve the functionality for us! ;)

Thanks for reading..
Djay7 (Matt)

Posté Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 7:17 am
Go to config->options and disable Autoload Playlists.

Posté Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 9:32 am
Djay_7 wrote :
This does not happen though, and it seems that both left clicking or selecting the "Load in Playlist" option do the same thing, which is of no use at all; basically "Load in Playlist" does nothing at all.

You have "auto load playlist" turned "on" (which is why they both do the same thing.)

myself I have it turned off, and I DO use the "Load in Playlist" option..

its NOT a bug :-)
its just another example of how VDJ can be customized

Posté Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 9:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)