Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet USB 3.0?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm curious to know if anyone has tried using an external USB 3.0 device and hear about its performance enhancements particularly with VDJ...

Anyone? :)

Posté Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 11:26 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
USB 3.0 has improvements, the mayor one is the bandwidth increase. Any hardware improvements has benefits if it are for speed up your system.

You also have bidirectional data transfer in USB 3.0 while USB 2.0 only has Half-duplex.

There are also more information about 3X power, and 3X Sata that are in some Gigabyte motherboards, you can check in here the full info about it.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_091020_333/data/tech_091020_333.htm

Take in mind tha you may need a 3.0 USB compatible device to use full 3.0 features. USB 3.0 has backward compatibility so you can use 2.0 and 1.1 USB devices in it too.

I don't been use this tech now, but I bet it will increase your data transfers and the way you work with your computer and of course VirtualDJ.

Posté Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 2:40 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know external HDDs (3.0) come with an express card but I wonder if an older motherboard would support the speeds. I would hope the express card would be the negotiator =)

Posté Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 2:49 am
5 GPS?! WHAT!

Posté Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 6:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)