Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Need help hooking up my RMX to PC

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I have a Hercules RMX and Virtual DJ LE. (the basic software that came with it)
I run a E-Machines T5062 desktop running Vista 32bit. I use some Logictech 5.1 surround sound speakers that are plugged into the back of the tower to the sound card.

I have NOTHING connected from the outputs of the RMX to my pc, therefore I have no sound. Instead of buying some powered studio monitors and running them from the outputs of the RMX, I need to know what/where the line-in(stereo) input is on the back of my pc. None of the inputs are labeled, they are just color coded. E-Machines' website states that my pc has a line-in input on the rear, so I want to make sure this is possible.

Thank you for any and all information.

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 3:54 pm
In color-coded soundcards, line-in is usually blue.

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 4:10 pm
Thank you for the info, i'll try it as soon as I get home.
I know that this setup isn't optimal compared to running some powered studio monitors, or through an amp and big speakers, but hopefully this will at least get me up and running so I can start playing with it.

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 4:26 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

You may also find that the panel where the sockets are is marked with a picture of a microphone. I can confirm that blue is usualy used for the line in.

BTW 10 out of 10 for taking the time to read the previous posts on this subject it realy helps.

cheers

Daz

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 4:36 pm
And I just want to be certain. All I need is a dual RCA to 1/8" cable running from the output of the RMX to the line-in of the pc, right?
Just the 1 cable?

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 4:36 pm
HELP! I bought the cable and hooked it up to the line-in, still no sound! tried to play with my audio settings, and still can't get any sound out of my speakers! Someone please help me, this is super frustrating!

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 7:11 pm
All I hear when I plug into the blue line-in port is a faint hum...cant get any music to play. am I missing something simple here?

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 7:18 pm
Hi mate

Make shure the line in is turned on and the volume control is set in your sound cards control panel.

Daz

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 8:37 pm
In LE versions, I'm not sure if you can select any other soundcard but the RMX (in your case), but if you go to config->sound setup, and look at the soundcards section, you may be able to use your internal soundcard to send the output directly to the speakers hooked up to your PC and use the RMX as a controller only. When the RMX is selected as the soundcard, it disables your internal soundcard as a result, if I remember correctly (been awhile since I've used DJC edition). Double check the manual for details.

Posté Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 7:55 pm
Hi all

discjockeydoc wrote " When the RMX is selected as the soundcard, it disables your internal soundcard as a result, if I remember correctly (been awhile since I've used DJC edition)." This should not happen on a PC.

The card should remain active as long as the RMX has not been specified as the main sound device (outside of VDJ).

Daz

Posté Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 8:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Go to Windows and go to PANEL CONTROL --- SOUND. IN there check your internal soundcard is your DEFAULT soundcard. You have at this point connected your RMX to your PC, so you will change from RMX as your default sound card to your internal soundcard as your default soundcard. Now open VirtualDJ and play, BE SURE you ara connecting your RCA cables to 1&2 OUTPUT in your RMX and your mini stereo plug (in the other end of the RCA cables) is connected to the LINE IN in your internal soundcard.

IN that way sure you can work.

I recommend you to introduce your serial number in your user profile, in that way you will always have access to your serial number and newest software upgrades in here.

Good Luck!

Posté Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 11:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)