Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Memory Leak, maybe related to Titler?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

OK.. just had a weird bug start happening with VDJ..
Version 6.05..

I was just playing around at home on my desktop..

Its probably unrelated but I have 6.03 on my Rackmount and I noticed soem songs were 'missing/unscanned' , so today I checked and yup.. lots of songs were unscanned that were previosly scanned..
so I scanned those songs, and then cleaned and fixed the database..
once again probably unrelated..

I then started playing some songs.. videos ran fine.. no 'noticeable issue'..
but after a few songs I noticed when I loaded in an MP3 it tooK a very long time to load! ??

I opened up windows task manager, and checked mem usage of virtualdj.exe
mem usage was past 200,000 k and kept on going up.. (even though song was fully loaded)..
memory usage only stopped increasing if a stopped playing the song.. I realized I had the "titler" effect engaged (for "use this plugin for audio only files")
I disconnected "titler" and the memory usage stopped and upon loading the next song in that deck it went back to normal..

the reason I made a thread about it, is I honestly dont know if its related to the 'other' memory problems people have reported..
and I am unable to reliable replicate it (the 'issue' seems to happen at random)

my system (on the desktop)
windows XP (media center) 32 bit

Posté Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 12:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I will have a look.

Posté Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 1:25 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think you are right about the video plugin "Titler". I will send an e-mail to its author.

Posté Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 1:48 pm
P.S.

once I restarted my computer it does seem the memory is completely released once I load a new track into a deck.. (why in that instance the memory was not being released completely I don't know..)

it still does seem a little weird that as long as "Titler" is engaged and a song is playing the memory usage keeps creeping up..

Posté Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 2:32 pm
Thanks, hippydog...I use this effect at times as well. I haven't yet had the problem, but I'll see if I can do some testing.

Posté Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 8:48 pm
I have been writing emails to tech support for a long time about this problem with mp3s loading slowly and not at all after a while. While the soniques and titler seem to be the cause, I think it's with virtual. Mine does exactly what others are saying about the memory but I don't believe it's the titler or soniques but I think they speed the problem along. Mine will slow load and not load mp3s almost every session whether I use anything or not (plugin) but a plugin seems to make it happen faster. I hope someday they can fix this problem. I love virutal and run in on a great computer but hate the mp3 problem :(

Posté Sat 16 Jan 10 @ 5:55 pm
yeahp! now were getting to what im asking all over this site..seems to be with Vdj (as Gadget and the gang had mention in the Video freezes forum)and im speculating.at first i thought it was sonique in that had another problem (needed the certified sonique programs and the older ones was making mt system crash ).now i notice laggin still and its when using sonique and showlogo (cause those i happened to start with in a video mix which is now allways. dont use titler much but it happens with the other vid plugins ..in one of the forums (video freezes/general topic...Joey hints on using 2 free programs that help a lot,Memory improve master & Game Booster...try those!! Im still experementing but wont know until i up my ram from 2 to 4 gigs and then test that...

Posté Sat 16 Jan 10 @ 6:58 pm
Yes I am experiencing the same slow load and it is ruining my show I perform nightly. My fellpw Djs and I have been researching this problem for weeks because it is my main music program for selecting my tunes I am disappointed. We have tried so many fixes and am absolutely frustrated with this, I have boosted my RAM with a few programs, the effects last for a couple of songs and the slow load continues.

Since I or my fellow Sectors haven't been able to solve this nagging problem. Can anyone recommend another dj program. At the moment I use the jazler, soundman or winapp to just let songs play in a playlist for now however any DJ knows this is like having a plain cheese sandwich at TGI Fridays when someone else is treating!

Posté Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 10:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)