Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HELLP NEEDED hope somone can help out a novice

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am wanting to set up vurtual dj v 6.0 with time codes so i can SCRATCH via vinyl and use the software only to select songs would

http://www.sounds4uentertainment.co.uk/kam-k2-usb-deck-kit-1748-p.asp

would that be able to do what i want or do i need any extra things please reply like your talking to a baby because to be honest in not the most techical of people

thanks

MATT

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 9:55 am
Baselinez wrote :
I am wanting to set up vurtual dj v 6.0 with time codes so i can SCRATCH via vinyl and use the software only to select songs would

http://www.sounds4uentertainment.co.uk/kam-k2-usb-deck-kit-1748-p.asp

would that be able to do what i want or do i need any extra things please reply like your talking to a baby because to be honest in not the most techical of people

thanks

MATT

In addition to the equipment above you would also need a soundcard which is aiso capable and has two stereo-in and two stereo outputs. Also you would need a pair of timecode vinyl.

And of course you would need the pro version of Virtual Dj. With the trial version i think timecode functionality is limited.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 1:36 pm
For timecode, you will need a 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card such as Hercules DJ Trim, Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ, ESI Maya44 USB, etc.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 3:09 pm
Thanks for the info guys wolud the timecode vinyl say if i moved it around for searching say for a cue point move it around on the screen too??

how would it work mixer into laptop, decks into sound card, soundcard into laptop and mixer??

like i say guys really not that familiar with external sound cards , usb decks and all the rest of it the more information i get the better

thanks guys

Matt

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 4:40 pm
Baselinez wrote :
Thanks for the info guys wolud the timecode vinyl say if i moved it around for searching say for a cue point move it around on the screen too??

how would it work mixer into laptop, decks into sound card, soundcard into laptop and mixer??

like i say guys really not that familiar with external sound cards , usb decks and all the rest of it the more information i get the better

thanks guys

Matt

External Soundcard connected via USB with PC/Laptop. Turntables connected via Chinch with Soundcard. Soundcard connected via Chinch with Mixer.
Mixer connected via chinch or XLR with speakers for sound output.

For the timecode Vinyl -> If you spin the timecode Vinyl backwards or forwards for searching the track in VDJ would also spin forwards and backwards.

Best regards

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 1:56 pm
thanks for the advice Pachtyman

i get it just dont quite understand what the work "Chinch" means also is it possible to hook any turntables up or do they have to be designed for it?? and does it have to be a usb mixer or can that just be a standed mixer thanks again Pachtyman for the info any chance of swapping e-mail address so we can have a technical talk about any problems i may have if not sorting it on here is fine

Thanks

Matt

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 5:54 pm
Baselinez wrote :
thanks for the advice Pachtyman

i get it just dont quite understand what the work "Chinch" means also is it possible to hook any turntables up or do they have to be designed for it?? and does it have to be a usb mixer or can that just be a standed mixer thanks again Pachtyman for the info any chance of swapping e-mail address so we can have a technical talk about any problems i may have if not sorting it on here is fine

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt!

Yes any turntable will do the job. And also any standard mixer will work with timecode.

And Chinch is the cable connection between your turntable and mixer
Here´s a picture for a cable with chinch connector

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 12:56 am

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 7:02 am
Baselinez wrote :
thanks for the info mate is it possible to change the sound card and mixer and replace it with this??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Numark-Omni-Control-USB-DJ-Controller-Spotless_W0QQitemZ140375967797QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMidi_Controllers?hash=item20af0f4835#ht_500wt_1182

thanks

Matt

Yes you could use the omni control in conjunction with Virtual Dj

Have a look here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/122023/Hardware_Technical_Support/Numark_OMNI_control_with_virtual_DJ_6_pro.html?

But I´m not quite sure if you can use the built in soundcard for playing timecode vinyl. Maybe someone else can answer this question.

Best regards

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 1:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)