Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet cdj 400 and vdj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Guys I have googled this and it doesn't come up with a decent reply anywhere;

How do I set up my mac to work both cdj400. its easy in windows as it shows both cdj's but it doesn't seem to do this with the mac version.

If you can help it would be very helpful as I just bought 2 brand new cdj400 and a djm mixer and want to use them out tonight.
Ta guys

Posté Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 11:15 am
Ok i only got 1 hour till i have to go to work

and there must be a way to get this working???

idiot guide please vdj!!!!!

Posté Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 1:04 pm
Whenever I put a post like this on it always gets ignored......

and every time I get really p**sed off with the customer service from you guys at VDJ. if you put a support request in it takes you guys weeks to get back to me with the answer.

COME ON GUYS PUT A TUTORIAL ON THIS SITE ON THE FULL SETTINGS FOR EACH CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 4:04 am
There are not many VDJ users using the Mac version, and probably less using the same combo as you. All the other DJ's I know with a Mac use SSL or Traktor. I feel like the odd one out!

As for support tickets, I can't comment but there have been a few posts lately with people mentioning how long it takes to get tickets answered so I guess you're not alone.

Keith

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 4:12 am
Thanks for posting a comment Keith... At least someone out there in the world is listening to me even if they can't help..

Every time I feel very disappointed that we mac users are not given the same stability in the software as the windows users.

I would use other software but I don't like any of the others and I always recommend that people buy VDJ over any other software. but then when I get a simple problem like this I feel like maybe I shouldn't recommend the software as it doesn't really do what it says on the tin!!!

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 4:24 am
Thank god for that!!!!!!!! it took all day but here we go..... looks like I'm using my new cdj 400's tonight!!!!

I had to set them up in mac as aggregate device, problem was i didn't know how to do it!!!

for any body else struggling I really hope this post will help. here is how to set up aggregate device:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215

these are the best controllers for VDJ that I have found so far, they do lag a bit with windows. I'll let you know after tonight if they lag with mac but fingers crossed guys!!!

Just the omni to sort out now!!! ha ha

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 11:29 am
Just finished my second gig using the mac version and it worked perfectly. There are a few niggles with the mac version but nothing that gets in the way of a gig. Excellent!

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 9:26 pm
Ok then guys used the CDJ 400's with the DJM400 mixer... the new limited blue edition... super cool!!!

Was very good to use with the mac and the lag seems a lot less with this combination than the windows based.

Didn't find any problems and the sound was easily the best out of all of the different sound cards that I've used.

I would like to know when your going to add some new effects into the mac version could really do with some!!!!

But the word on the street from me is

thumbs up for pioneer!!!!!! for again a great product

thumbs up for VDJ doing what its supposed to do!!!!

Cheers guys

Posté Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 12:29 pm
I've used CDJ's in both mac an windows VDJ on the same laptop (macbook 2.4 4GB ram) and the performance is the same. You can aggregate the pioneer cards in the midi utility or choose the 2 sound card option and both work equally well. I need turntables so I only resort to this when I don't have a choice.

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 10:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)