Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New to the DJ world .

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys ,

I'm looking for a hobby and somehow I landed on DJing. My equipment may not be the best but its something to start with.
My starter equipment :

Dell Inspiron 6400 w/ Windows 7 & VirtualDJ Basic
RadioShack 3-Channel Stereo Sound Mixer (Model No. 32-2057)
Technics SA-GX730 Receiver
Technics SB-A34 Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)

The equipment was all provided my dad but he told me if I want to take on a new hobby, that I should learn on my own. But I have never dealt with audio systems. I'm still a teenager so there is your answer as to why.

How do I go about setting up this system so I can use the crossfader that is on the mixer rather than the one on the laptop ? Or in my case it's not possible ?

Any feedback would be gladly accepted. I'm looking for a hobby and somehow I landed on DJing. My equipment may not be the best but its something to start with.

Posté Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 8:56 pm
you need a external soundcard that has at least 2 outputs using ASIO driver

Posté Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 8:56 am
You dont need an ASIO driver, but to use an external mixer you need two outputs.
(most laptops only have a single headphone output).

Your best bet (if you want to stick with the Radio Shack Mixer) is to find a cheap USB Soundcard.
Their are LOTS of options out there.. you dont need to go crazy. For just playing around, a regular USB 5.1 (or more) External Soundcard is all you need.

Posté Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 4:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you could try this as a stop gap...

i made that for a guy over two year ago so quality is not so hot

basically if you cant follow the clip

go to config

soundsetup

outputs > external mixer

soundcards > mono seperated

output channels give you white lead/left channel red lead/right channel to your mixer

you will have to use a y splitter for each channel to get dual inputs into mixing desk

which of course will only give you mono sound output

hope it helps.

Posté Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 7:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)