Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet recording mixes with tccd

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey everyone,
Im sure this has been covered before but how do I set it up and accomplish it? I tried with vdj but since the cross fader in the program stays in place it didnt work. Can I record into another program? Can I use my laptop sound card to record as an input? All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:57 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
coronaextra

You need another soundcard and need to run the output of the mixer to it, using a separate software to record. I didn't have good quality trying to use the mic in and the onboard laptop soundcard. I bought a mid level Soundblaster card and it works well. You'll have to play with the bitrate a little to find the best quality of recording. You can search the forums to find lot's of info. Here's one that I went through to get the quality better. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11266

So to sum up, you need the record/booth out on your mixer to go to another soundcard (not the Maya or whatever you're using for TCCD control) and then a separate software to record the input of that soundcard.

It works like a charm. Good luck.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 2:54 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Basically thats what i do just without tccd's :)

When using my external mixer the VDJ 'screen-crossfader' isnt moved of course, just the 2 stereo outputs of my Hercules DJ Console going into the mixer.

The secondary output of the mixer goes into the line-in of the console and i can record with VDJ in WAV or encode to mp3 directly. Works in very nice quality without any problems!

Posté Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:30 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
To record the mix, one can use Rip-Vinyl if you don't have any other software to record your mix. In the settings you need to use sound-mixer i think. Then choose your input soundcard.

Posté Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 12:54 am
thanks for the help guys.....right now i just have a cheap mixer that doesnt have a booth/rec output....however my reciever has a record output could i run it out of the reciever back into my comp? I have a soundblaster 2 nx that im gonna try......what software do you guys recommend? Thanks again.

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:08 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure about the receiver out but sounds like it should work. I just use the software that came with the soundblaster card. I then edit in Cakewalk if need be.

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)