Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 11

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
groovindj wrote :
XLRs or RCAs?
Elliot Marx said in one of his recent posts on the AA forum that the XLR outs are louder than the RCAs, and that's
as I would expect it too.

no, xlr and rca have same volume
we have tested with hartmut from aa europe.

Braenzu

Posté Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 2:21 pm
Been playing/using the VMS4 in a bit of a monster setup today. Will post pics tomorrow after I've caught a few hours sleep....

VMS4 with 2 1210's and 2 CDJ-1000's in to my Behringer splitter/mixer, then from there through my Behringer DEQ and in to the house system as well as my newly acquired 4Kw active system which also connected to the splitter/mixer.

You got that? OK ;-)

Did notice the master input in the s/m was low coming from the VMS4, but then this is one of my reported issues. Gonna plug the DJM-600 in tomorrow to compare levels.

AA have admitted the mic inputs maybe too hot. I did a karaoke session tonight and the mics were almost unbearable. My radio mics had the gain on no more that 10%, the mic gain on the VMS4 no more than 15% and I was getting distortion.

However, the audio quality is superb and it is a dream to mix with. Let's hope it's just my unit. I really don't want to part with it.

Wired mics were even worse... Thankfully I have the AA rep coming to pay me a visit next week.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 7:15 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
GadgetMan wrote :
AA have admitted the mic inputs maybe too hot. I did a karaoke session tonight and the mics were almost unbearable. My radio mics had the gain on no more that 10%, the mic gain on the VMS4 no more than 15% and I was getting distortion.Roy

I plugged in my Shure wireless tonight and turned the gain all of the way down.
Still had distortion plus much lower volume.
Its not the mic or gain setting on the receiver.

They mention mic position, but frankly I've never had a problem until now with mic to mouth position.
I move it away and yes the distortion is less, but the volume drops off totally.

Gotta wait and see I guess.
311 firmware makes many improvements.

Has anybody noticed the vu's spike when the pfl buttons are pushed?

Posté Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 8:10 pm
i have ? when i run vms4 under virdual dj le everything runs fine exept for 2 issues fader has to be in middle to be able to cue headphones correctly and issue 2 cant extend video.. when i run vdj pro 6.1.2 i have issue with cuing left and right deck seem that i still hear left deck when i hit right deck cue button it doesnt do that on vdj le...if i hit upgrade to pro under virtual dj le would it loss its mapping and xml files
thank you for any suggestion its appreciated

Posté Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 10:29 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
Gotta wait and see I guess.
311 firmware makes many improvements.

mic problem is still present in 3.11firmware

mp3jrick wrote :

Has anybody noticed the vu's spike when the pfl buttons are pushed?

is a lot deeper than master vu :o)

Braenzu

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 12:21 am
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
i have ? when i run vms4 under virdual dj le everything runs fine exept for 2 issues fader has to be in middle to be able to cue headphones correctly and issue 2 cant extend video.. when i run vdj pro 6.1.2 i have issue with cuing left and right deck seem that i still hear left deck when i hit right deck cue button it doesnt do that on vdj le...if i hit upgrade to pro under virtual dj le would it loss its mapping and xml files

3.11 firmware installed?

you have to change command in mapper for cue/pfl buttons

<map value="CH1_PFL" action="deck 3 select" />
<map value="CH2_PFL" action="deck 1 select" />
<map value="CH3_PFL" action="deck 2 select" />
<map value="CH4_PFL" action="deck 4 select" />

crossfader musst be "video_crossfader" (with "audio_crossfader" or "crossfader" , there is still a problem for the moment)

setting:
4 outputs (front vms4) / midilog channel 2&3 switch on USB
virtual dj:
config/sound setup
- none
- external mixer (2way)
- asio adj

adj asio/config:
midilog 1 = disablet
midilog 2 = channel 1 & 2
midilog 3 = channel 3 & 4
midilog 4 = disablet

my vms4 works with these settings

Braenzu

Braenzu

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 12:44 am
mp3jrick wrote :
They mention mic position, but frankly I've never had a problem until now with mic to mouth position.
I move it away and yes the distortion is less, but the volume drops off totally.

I found the whole mic position thing very condescending on the part of AA. It was like they assumed we were all amateurs and didn't know what we were doing...

I will say they have improved in their approach to customer service recently...

Gonna try a different approach today, I have a Xenyx mixer which I will attach directly to the s/m today purely for the mics and will see how that works. I'm 99% certain ALL my mics will work perfectly...

Roy

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 1:40 am
Braenzu wrote :
groovindj wrote :
XLRs or RCAs?
Elliot Marx said the XLR outs are louder than the RCAs

Wasn't Elliot involved in the design of the VMS4 mixer circuit?

I'm beginning to doubt anything he says now....

:-(

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 4:00 am
i ask the technical support from american audio europ (hartmuth kummer) and he say;
"Nein, haben wir gerade hier nochmal geprüft… beide identisch"
"no, we tested now here xlr and rca have the same level"
and i think, the answere is right.

Braenzu

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 5:10 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
groovindj wrote :
Braenzu wrote :
groovindj wrote :
XLRs or RCAs?
Elliot Marx said the XLR outs are louder than the RCAs

Wasn't Elliot involved in the design of the VMS4 mixer circuit?

I'm beginning to doubt anything he says now....

:-(

Absolutely I would listen to Elliot before anyone else ... Elliot is the guy behind the design of the circuitry and the firmware. Anyone else is just testing and if they are 'incorrectly' testing then they are incorrectly answering.

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 6:14 am
Braenzu wrote :
QUEWHAT62 wrote :

you have to change command in mapper for cue/pfl buttons

<map value="CH1_PFL" action="deck 3 select" />
<map value="CH2_PFL" action="deck 1 select" />
<map value="CH3_PFL" action="deck 2 select" />
<map value="CH4_PFL" action="deck 4 select" />

crossfader musst be "video_crossfader" (with "audio_crossfader" or "crossfader" , there is still a problem for the moment)

Absolutely Incorrect. Do not change any of the mappings with PFLs or crossfader. You will only introduce problems if you do.

With the PRO version the only thing you need to make sure is that the Config -> Options -> Crossfader setting is Disabled.

This is the standard setting any user should use when using the External Mixer output mode. But, unless you absolutely know what you are doing and how the VDJScript engine works do not change the mapping. Just change the Crossfader setting in the Config.

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 6:19 am
GadgetMan wrote :
I found the whole mic position thing very condescending on the part of AA. It was like they assumed we were all amateurs and didn't know what we were doing...

Yeah, I was going to register and post something but I must be getting more diplomatic in my old age and didn't bother :)

I have had the same line and radio mics for over 10 years now. They both work perfectly in any situation. Pubs, clubs, functions and I must have used them on over 20 different mixers with no problems whatsoever.

As said above, you can get them to work on the VMS4 without distortion if you turn the gains right down but then the output volume is too low to the amps. I would guess the eventual outcome will be a replacement or recall as this ain't fixable by the look of things.

Keith

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 7:11 am
cstoll thanx deck 1 and deck 2 cues are fine now, issue now is that my video output show both videos playing at same time not crossfading between videos

Posté Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 8:20 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So let me get this straight as I have A.D.D. ... If I get the VMS4 today I will not be able to use the mic's on it because of the sound distortion and the crossfader on screen will not move with the crossfader on the controller? Is that what I'm getting from the result of this thread after the current update (3.11) from vms4dj.com?

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:50 am
Not everyone is complaining about distortion on the mic channels.

I've tried using my VMS4 with lots of different mics and it sounds good to me.

As for the on screen faders - the VMS4 is a real mixer, you don't need to use an onscreen one!

Simply set VDJ to 'external mixer' and use the real crossfader.

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 12:31 pm
But i do believe that the faded can be mapped out so yes the on screen would move, right?? Like if i was to.mix videos.............

Huey

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 1:07 pm
I understand the reason for analog buy it would make or break the decision whether or not the crossfader on screen reacts to the crossfader on the controller... Especially for video mixing.

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 1:30 pm
The video crossfader does react ... but since the VMS4 is it's own mixer, the internal VirtualDJ AUDIO crossfader is not mapped since it is not used. But, Yes, by default the video crossfader is mapped for crossfading videos.

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 4:50 pm
Thanks cstoll. But what if it is used as just midi?

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 5:52 pm
There is no thing as 'just midi' with the VMS4 ... the mixer section is always a hardware mixer.

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 6:20 pm
32%