Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 18

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 11:59 am
hows the software it came with

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 12:08 pm
Didn't even take out the cd. I already have VDJ Pro and just went to VMS4dj site to download the drivers. Mic is weird as the 1st time I used it sounded great then i messed with eq and sounded distorted. Used the mic again Sunday afternoon wil a little adjustment from flat and sounded real good.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 12:27 pm
is the mic sound loud?

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 2:58 pm
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
Took my VMS4 into American Audio's headquarters for repairs, they confirmed my VMS4 has issues and that the engineering department is working on resolved them. I was told it could be 3-4 weeks before they have a fix.

I am still having issues with mine as well though I know what the fix is. The problem I had this past Saturday while playing at my weekly gig was this.

On channel/midilog 2 the bass/low eq went out all of a sudden while I was mixing from channel 3 into channel 2 and the song had no low output at all, I tried adjusting it but there was no response. I thought that the amp for the lows had gone out so I checked that out and the amp was cool and was not being stressed at all during the night so after 20-30 minutes of checking connections and cables I could find nonthing wrong.

I then thought that it could be a bad video (I play 95% video) that had poor audio but that was not the case which led me back to the VMS4. I guess I should have compared channel 2 and 3 to each other because channel 3 had bass but not channel 2. What I found was that somehow the settings switched on their own and that the eq controls for channel 3 were controlling channel 2. I was ready to send the unit back to PSSL (where I bought it) because I was so pissed and half of the crowd had left because like me they thought the amps were fried.

The VMS4 works great but it is very annoying when you have things like that happen for no obvious reason. I know that I have to hold the cue 4 at startup to reset the eq settings but at the time it happened I was 3 1/2 hours into the night and had no clue initially as to what had happened to my lows. I have a wedding coming up this weekend and would like to be able to use it and be able to count on it but I will be using my Hercules RMX instead.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 3:59 pm
Sunday it was loud and clear. I use a wireless Shure SM58.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 4:13 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Try adding wheel_mode "loop_move" while_pressed to the SHIFT button.

E.g:

set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & wheel_mode "loop_move" while_pressed

To change mappings, go to CONFIG -> Mappers and choose the VMS4 in the drop-down list.

I know this is a stupid question but can you please give me step by step instructions on how to accomplish this?
I am trying every which way and I'm not getting it to work. If you know it won't work, can u suggest another way of getting loop shift to work on the controller?

Thanks JP

Posté Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 8:24 pm
I returned my VMS4 guys and got myself an Xponent to hold me over till the Denon DN-MC6000 comes out.

From visiting American DJs headquarter here in Los Angeles, I can tell they were more than willing to fix our problems and give use properly working units, they almost swapped out my unit for another one but it had the same problem so they told me I would have to wait till the engineer figured out the problem. I am sure this product will be better once the next batch is released with fixes applied to it, I just wasn't patient enough to wait. I'm sure I will give this controller another chance in the future once I see the problems have been fixed.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 12:34 pm
I would love to get my hands on the new Denon controller but it is $300 more than the VMS4. The VMS4 is good so far for me after 3 parties already. Mic is only problem but last time I used it it sounded great like i said in earlier post. Seems to me it has to be set a certain way to sound ok. Will mess with it again tomorrow at another party I am doing before I get started.

JPBoggis, please help me with setting up the loop shift.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 1:29 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
For the mic issue I contacted American Audio and they mailed me two of these...now the mic works perfect.

By the way I have no issues at all with the unit, works perfect in Mac and PC. Although it sounds better on the mac.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 3:06 pm
Come to think of it, when it sounded good i had the mic connected with a 1/4 wire. I thought XLR was better.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 3:34 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is different, this is a signal transformer from high to low. Contact American Audio ...

By the way I'm running the unit in post eq with the vsm4 eq's, gains and upfaders mapped to vdj. It sounds much better this way.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 4:49 pm
I contacted them before your last post and yes they are sending me 2 of those. The gentleman says that should cure the problem and they are working on a fix.

From searching online, these things are worth $15-$20 each. That's gonna add up. Wouldn't be a big deal if it can stay on when I get the case for my controller.

We'll find out.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 4:56 pm
Mics that connect with XLR generally are better, but they're also low impedance.

Apparently the VMS4 mic inputs were designed for high impedance mics (i.e. cheap ones with jacks). It would have made more sense for them to fit only jack socket mic inputs, but I guess they thought it would be more 'professional' to use combi sockets.

It's a bit late but they do seem to have realised now, that most DJs use an SM58 or similar.

The designer (emarx) is genuinely trying to do something about the mic input problems and the master output volume, according to the AA forum.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 4:57 pm
So that explains why it sounded better Sunday. I used 1/4 inch input instead... Or just got lucky somehow.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 5:08 pm
I installed the LE version that came with my VMS4 and reinstalled my pro version . Others have said to take the Firmware updater EXE file out of the LE folder and put it into the pro folder and then delete the LE folder. I tried that, but can only find one folder labeled Virtual DJ which had both the LE and Pro EXE files in it. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I navigated to C/program files(x86)/virtual DJ. Could not find 2 seperate folders.

Another problem I'm having is in my pro version. I'm trying to map the left deck Pitch Bend + and - buttons as the video crossfader with no luck. I used the mapper, clicked key learn, pressed the -Pitch Bend button and then in the action-learn box, I typed in Video_Crossfader-30%. I also repeated this same proceedure for the +pitch bend. I saved each commend, it shows up in the command list. I goto the effects tab and turn on random video transition, load both decks and try it, and nothing happenes.

Posté Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 12:33 am
There won't be two folders unless you created two folders.

If you just installed both programs to the same place, that's why everything's in the er.....same place.

Posté Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 9:55 am
Oh... Well, I'm obviously not that computer savey. I thought that Virtual created a seperate folder for each version. My Mistake. Anyone have any insight to my mapping question?

Posté Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 10:18 am
Can I map Slider #1 in midi mode to be trhe cross fader? If so, how would I do that? Do I need to assign values to the slider like -20% and +20%, or just hit the key learn in the mapper and then move the slider, then click action and then click on the video cross fader? Any help is greatly appreciated. I did search for help on this topic but couldn't find any.

Posté Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 12:31 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Short report on tests carried out by me and other admins/users of http://www.digitaljockey.it website during an Italian meeting held last weekend.

- The silicone shell in the pack necessary to be able to pitch bend on the jog side making a little smiles as well as play and pause buttons in reversed position.
- The native ASIO driver for Windows Seven 32 and 64-bit make the sound dirty, but with the ASIO4ALL driver seems to work quite correctly.
- ASIO drivers and firmware update tool should be able to be downloaded from the vms4 website from VDJ PRO user without needing to install the verizon VDJ LE 6.1, installer the driver that you download from the site of vms4 not work and it's ok only inside the VDJ LE installer.

Some download link into vms4 download page are in RAR files, ZIP can be native opened into PC and MAC OS.

If someone from American Audio read here please consider my report like a suggestion and don't take my message in a bad side.
The unit was considered a quite good piece of hardware by anyone present at our meeting ;)

Posté Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 2:44 am
52%