Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet New to VDJ & Mixing, Hercules RMX ... Advice?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

spadeyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi everyone!

I've been DJing for a few years now on internet stations and having a lot of fun with it using the SAM Broadcaster. It is very limited in what it can do in terms seamless mixes, and is ok if you're more of a playlist/radio style DJ however I decided to take the plunge and migrate to VDJ, and move to the next level. From everything I read, while the software alone is full featured in terms of mixing, the use of a controller seems essential, so I got myself a Hercules RMX (hope I made a good choice.) The limited edition of VDJ it comes with seemed ok but after using the trial of Pro I decided that's what I wanted. Hope all of this wasn't overkill for someone completely new to this craft.

Anyway, I want to start using this in production (internet DJing) as soon as I can. I probably have several weeks of learning before I'd be comfortable, so I was wondering outside of crazy custom effects and essentially making the music your own/unique, what are some of the core essentials to learn/master in order to make a seemless mix from one song to the other? Are there any good tutorials/videos for absolute beginners on the RMX, and also, is there some sort of easier style of music to practice on as a newbie rather than trying to use my enormous eclectic library?

Any advice, recommendations, etc. would be appreciated. I have been "playing around" a lot, and I love the feel of physical controls over what I am used to. Hope I made a good choice with VDJ Pro and the Hercules for just starting out. I look forward to learning more in these forums overtime. Seems like a great DJ community!

Kind Regards,

spadey

Posté Sat 09 Oct 10 @ 2:10 pm
If you check forum there have been the same question that has come through here but the answer you will get most is to least how to keep the beats together. It is one of the most important things. It is important for me also but not as much as knowing the music and having an ear for it. Learn the music that you want to play because if you don't know it, know the sound and the beat you have no chance. This is just my opinion, others may tell you different.

Practice your butt off. I have said it before, I have been doing this for years and there is always room to get better.

Learn your own tricks to make you sound different than everyone else. I rarely use the stock effects because everyone has them. I manually do my tricks so I don't sound the same. When I first started onthe RMX I abused the hell out of them. Now I slip them in every so often.

Posté Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 4:12 pm
also youtube rmx videos

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:39 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi babe. Good advice so far...

Practise, Practice, Practice.

Keep it simple.

Go easy on the effects, Less is definately more.

Use both The Equalisers AND cross faders for different "feel" mixes.

I have an RMX and loved the Basic softare but it was a little unstable and wobbly. The Pro software is much better and allows you to pre programe some "special" effects that others dont use so much.

Most Electro tunes (Techno, Trance, House etc) use a stable beat but Drum & Bass, Dubstep, Breakbeat ect are a bit more variable so they need "watching" as you mix or they can change and mess up ya mix.

I've been doing Internet and Pirate stations for a few years with my Laptop and RMX and love the DIY feel ov this way ov broadcast. I hope you keep it up and dont forget.. KEEP PRACTISING!!!

Hope that helps some.

XXX

Posté Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 9:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)