Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet CPU usage

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is it normal that my CPU Usage is at 100% when loading an 'un-analysed' track and then back to 2% when finished and playing?

Also, I have 21 processes running with commit charge at 220M/2462M. I have disabled many many useless processes and services and still have 21 in the background. How many are running on your system while VDJ is running. I have done everything to make this a 100% DJPC.

Cheers
Craig

Posté Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:42 pm
100% when loading track (into ram) is normal...

And running as few as possible system processes would make your PC run VDJ smoother...

Dont have a list in my head of what processes are needed or not, but very few user processes are needed..
turn off MSN messenger, anti-virus, background apps (acrobat, itunes helper etc etc), spyware etc

Maybe someone have a list of the only needed processes to run :)

Posté Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:54 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks DJ-In-Norway.
But if I was to explode a folder with many albums (folders) at the same time as the loading process or perhaps view a pic in another window would there be a risk of the PC or sound locking up?

Posté Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 9:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Nope it can't by design the loading process will slow down to protect the audio from skipping.

Posté Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 10:21 pm
other issue is when you will browse your computer and try to access scratched/damaged CD ...
skipping usually occurs

Posté Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:47 pm
I'm running 16 processes when i have VDJ open

Posté Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 6:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)