Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Midi controllers and othter questions of my,

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

tretreHome userMember since 2003
Ok been testing all.. software out there i belive but they always missout on something.. like some are great but insist on only accepting their controllers onto their "brand" :P.. that is jsut plain hateful. Others jsut lack controller support at all.. and then its the 3rd type.. so hard to get it to work.. so u almost give up..

Question 1.

Midi support.

Virtual DJ .. how was this implemanted.. are there full midi support now=? Aka any knob or button to any channel # adn cc #?

Further more. How will upgrades be dealt with in the future.. will there be cost involved for certin upgrades and how is the policy on that?

And last what are the midi latancy if its supported.

/tre out .. been searching for 2 years.
Couse i ahve a midi unite wich is great.. but gonna work that for knobs buttpns etc.. and have the "scratching" on another unite.

Posté Fri 22 Aug 03 @ 10:59 am
arg edit button.. well last 2 rows .. would ahve been moved up.. :P

Posté Fri 22 Aug 03 @ 11:01 am
Ive seen some officals post in here but not in my post how come?

Posté Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 10:53 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
virtualdj is compatible with a midi keyboard.
When you adjust the shortcuts (in the option pannel), you can use the midi keys to set the shortcuts if you have any midi device installed.
You don't need to install or enable anything for it to work. It's that simple.

About the upgrades, any 1.x will be free, and we won't go to 2.x unless it's really a major change.

About the controller, we try to be compatible with as many third party controller as we can, and we don't want to force people to use only ours.

I hope this answer your questions.

Posté Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 2:27 pm
thnx for reply. I thought of another question. How much of the program is controllable. Can u change effect sliders in the program? Start sample? or is this to be added later?

Posté Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 3:40 pm
What`s the best midi keyboard to purchase? could anyone give me an url to check some midi keyboards??
thanks..

Posté Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 5:09 pm

Posté Tue 26 Aug 03 @ 2:14 am
A cheaper solution would be one of these...

http://www.compuvisor.com/midm2dimumi.html

It *is* a toy and made very cheaply and I have a driver that converts this to MIDI -- SO IT COULD be mapped to VirtualDJ or traktor DJ or any program that accepts midi

The Rack mount controllers are still the most professional solution.

usb
LCD display
rack mount
LEDs
pitch sliders
inner jog wheel
outer jog wheel
buttons

Gotta run, DJTimes Expo East Show Tomorrow!
Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, N.J.
August 25-28.
http://www.djtimes.com

WirelessDJ

Posté Tue 26 Aug 03 @ 3:45 am
BlokeHome userMember since 2003
Heres a program that alledgedly makes the DM2 Midi active. Not sure if it will work on VDJ though???

http://www.pdoom.ch/DM2/

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 3:28 pm
That is the driver I am referring to!

but I dont see spending money on a DM2, it is a toy.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 6:36 pm
I love my dm2.

I produced/dj for a major american hardcore techno label and love having fun with this "toy"

its a very cheap toy. I picked it up for 20$ of Ebay. You can buy/obtain many other methods software for the dm2, such as more loops, trackers, sequencers, etc..etc..

when it adds up, its a helovalot of fun, and easy.

Posté Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 8:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)