Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Some input? :)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So, messing around with VDJ has really been quite a journey! Its fun! Everything seems really overly simple with syncing and what not, which is very nice for beginners. Makes me really excited for financial aid to come in and splooge on some mixing equipment.

I've noticed drum and bass in my opinion seems much easier than dubstep to get into mixing. Drum and bass really has left me the option to really mix, and have both tracks running without a lot of clutter. Some of the newer dubstep, like Excision and more of the megaproduced dubstep is tough to mix. Any hints?

And how does everyone think of music to mix? I like that it shows what key songs are in, makes things kind of simple, but what little cues in music tend to make you want to choose the next song?

I'd really enjoy to hear some of everyone's feedback!

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 11:32 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
skyline142 wrote :
I've noticed drum and bass in my opinion seems much easier than dubstep to get into mixing.

Hi babe, its not easier... its different.
Electro and Techno/Trance seem the most suited for learning as the beats are pretty constant all the way through but pretty much all "electronic" music is split up into blocks ov 4 beats so theoretically they should all mix with each other... except for the BPM difference that is.

Its just a matter ov working out how to transition from 1 tune to another. Whether is a gradual fade (with the cross fader) or a mix/ transition ov the bass lines, the mids etc, or whether its a backspin that ends at the first beat ov the 2nd track. There are many ways to mix so its a case ov finding what goes where and the transitions you pefer.

I personally love Dubstep and the transition i mostly use is one utilising the Bass/Mids/High equalisers, this give me the chance to transition the mids whilst allowing the bassline from the first tune to carry on into the 2nd tune. Or bringing in the 2nd tune with the Bass EQ turned off and when the time comes then turn that Bass on whilst turning off the Bass ov the 1st tune...

Sounds confusing but you'll get the hang ov it i'm sure... Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck babes.

Seana
XXX

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 3:05 pm
Ahh, thank you so much for filling me in on your opinion. Its always nice to hear others words. But I have been practicing a LOT. Basically, I just hit the record button, and go. My last 30 minute mess around had a lot of clean transitions, yet boring. But i had two frickin insane transitions that I just cant get enough of.

Do you all use any programs to manipulate the mp3 recordings you made? Like, cut and crop and stuff?

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 2:30 pm
skyline142 wrote :

Do you all use any programs to manipulate the mp3 recordings you made? Like, cut and crop and stuff?

no i just record it, when i'm mixing a set. what programs do you mean? what can they do?

XXX

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:05 pm

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:07 pm
Like a program to cut mp3s? Like, I have some really effin cool parts in my 30 minute mix, but there is a lot that is garbage. Id like to take my mp3 and cut out parts.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 1:35 pm
Ahhh i see. no i just do it and if i balls it up, even once i stop and start again... and again, until its pretty much perfect.

XXX

Posté Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 5:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)