Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet back up computer question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

is it possible to transfer my playlists , history to other computer... it is all set up and works great on both nice for a back up but the new one dosnt have my history and playlist witch are very useful...im thinkin that that is what the virtual folders are not sure and if so should i make one on the old computer with all the history then reinstall the program on my new one and it will appear...thanks in advance

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 10:50 pm
If you're on a PC, all that stuff is in the Virtual DJ directory that's below the 'Documents and Settings' folder (on XP).

On mine it's C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\VirtualDJ

Just copy everything in there across to the same place on the other PC.

Details for other versions are on page 7 of the Getting Started PDF.

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 11:55 am
thanks both are running windows 7 but I'll try to figure out how to copy..i open the program and click on documents... Correct then save to a jump drive ????

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 12:38 pm
hey i did it and everything is coming up were it belongs just nothing plays it say either file does not exist and or drm error also vdj cache videos show up file does not exist any ideas

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 4:48 pm
however the cache videos do play right off of exter hd I used to copy files but nothing else plays from what I copied

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 5:52 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had the same issue. Unfortunately the song location info in the playlist may not be pointing to the new song location. Did you change the music location?
I did since I changed from a lappy/external drive setup to a lappy with a big internal drive.

Posté Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 9:55 pm
If you copy the VDJ settings (database etc) from one PC to another, then it's very important that the locations of the actual song and/or video files that are referenced in the database is EXACTLY the same on both PCs - otherwise VDJ won't be able to find the files.

So if the songs on the original PC are in \mysongs\allinhere\everything\ then it's no good putting them in \mysongs\newpc\stuff\ on the second PC as the database be looking in the original location.

In other words, one setup needs to be a clone of the other.

Posté Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 5:54 am
Hello...I have a similar problem. Recently, the main computer I use to listen to music had to be put in the shop for repairs and so I copied the entire Virtual DJ folder from my damaged computer and just put it in the same exact folder on my other computer. In the "My documents" folder on the other computer just like on the other one. I did ck and the files I had already downloaded into the other computer have the same exact path name as the new ones I just copied from the damaged computer into the cache on the other computer. So, when I look at the database..everything is there...my playlsits and all the songs from ther other cache...but they show as error when I try to play them. So, since the pathfile names seem to be exact and I'm still getting an error...what could be the problem? I will say one thing..I am copying from a new Dell with Windows 7 to an older Lattitude with XP on it. Could that be causing my issues? Thanks!

Lance

Posté Sat 15 Sep 12 @ 9:36 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have responded to your question in the premium forum. It would have the same problem as your cache files not showing up. Please only open one thread for your problem.

Posté Sat 15 Sep 12 @ 10:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)