Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Noob Mix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everyone. I am quite keen on djing however I am still a newbie at it and don't really know what I'm doing. This is my first mix which I only really made to have a go and see what it was all about. I was hoping to get some constructive critism from you all and some tips to help me out. Most of the mixes aren't all that good but I feel there are some good ones. The best, in my opinion, is around the 8:45 mark. I hope you guys like it.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b58b9d3/n/WPMP.mp3

Cheers,

Loly.

Posté Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 5:20 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Figure out how to stream this online and I will give it a listen. I am not about to download an unknown file from an unfamiliar source.

Posté Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 9:57 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
hey nutz, you should give sandboxie a try.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

when you download a file from an unknown source you run it in sandboxie and if theres some sort of infection it doesnt infect your computer.

sandboxie is basically a cage for files your not sure about. i use it regularly for downloads.

Posté Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 4:21 pm
I fully understand where you are coming from nutz. I should have thought that no one would download a random file. Anyway, I tried to mkae it into a video and upload to Youtube, but Youtube wouldn't let me upload a video that long. Anyway, I think I found a spot that will work in order to stream it.

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Lolympics

It should have "Featured Songs" with "My First Mix" under it. You should be able to play and stream it and also download it if you wish to. That should work, if it doesen't, let me know.

Eagerly awaiting your feedback,

Loly.

EDIT: It might take a few seconds to load and play, so just be patient and the music will come.

Posté Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 8:50 am
I have let it load for quite a while now, and it isn't loading.

Posté Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 4:31 pm
I would check out Podomatic or Soundcloud. Both offer free streaming options.

Posté Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 6:55 am

Posté Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 9:23 pm
Mixes sound tight, I think..

The music itself gave me a headache and I had to shut it off after only hearing half of it. It really isn't my flavor of music tho. There could have been a dozen mix points in there. I couldn't tell where. That isn't always a good thing. If your set comes across as an single hour long song, you are gonna make your crowd tired.

But the crowd you play to might like it. Asking us here if it's a good mix or not, well, we can tell you if something sounds like a complete trainwreck or not, but that is the extent. If I played your mix at a club (sports bar with a dancefloor) here, people would leave.

So is it a good mix? I can't tell if or where a song blends into another one, so in that respect, yes. It is spot on. What you new guys need to learn is that beatmixing is but a single leaf on the entire tree of DJ'ing. The roots are the programming skill. A machine can beatmix with little input. Hell, I have witnessed with my own eyes a 4 yr old play a 4 on the floor beat on a drum kit and he kept pretty good time.

The true skill of a DJ is measured in his ability to read a crowd and program his set to shape and mold the energy on his/her dancefloor. We are the puppet-masters and the dancers, our marionettes.

Posté Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 8:33 am
Cheers for that. I see where you are coming from. I don't play in a club, nor am I likely too, so the mix was for my own listening pleasure. However, as I come to do more, I might include more mainstream music and such to entice a crowd more. Thanks for all the help. If I make another mix, and improve, I'll be sure to post it.

Posté Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 10:09 pm
You are on the right track. I would challenge you to mix songs that have distinct sounds. Make easy to tell them apart while blending them together. Keep on keepin' on man!

Posté Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 6:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)