Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Pre-mixing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I was wondering how much pre-mixing some of you other DJ's do?
Do you just mostly wing it and go with the feel of the night or do you pre-mix and combine a few tracks into one, or maybe a combonation of both.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has a UPS they take to venues? I've noticed that everything runs fine in my apartment but at a couple clubs my equipment gets funky on me. I'm wondering if some of these places have dirty power and if a UPS will help?

Thanks everyone!

DJ Ambient

Posté Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 11:22 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
a combo of both, knowing your music is a must...unless your me and trying to mix rock...anyway back to the point...sometimes winging it is ok but you still need a good knowlege base of what your playing.

use common sence and your ear to find the right blend of winging and pre mixing... winging it actually isnt a good thing to do as you could land yourself in a sticky situation...if you do though you can shrug at the crowd and acknowlege your cock up and be recoginsed...

Posté Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 6:12 pm
kass617PRO InfinityMember since 2010
It's hard to have a solid playlist planned out AND play according to the crowd BUT if you listen to your music A LOT like most DJs you get a general sense of mood for each song, and can estimate the tempo within 5 bpms. I'm not going to show up with a list of songs and in what order I'll play them, but I usually do have a general idea of the "must-play" songs, what part of the night to play them and kinda wing the in between ones. If you practice enough, you have already mixed most of the songs that go good together on your own time, so you should have a good idea of how to approach each song. Think of it like play calling in sports.... during practice the team practices all these plays, and then executes them at the appropriate time during a game. You can't just buy 30 songs, never listen to them, and then just show up to a gig and expect to flawlessly them and have a successful night. I try to stay away from drastic tempo changes as much as possible, its tough to pull it off without sounding sloppy. Hope that helps.

Posté Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 2:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)