Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet First mix...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I purchased Virtual DJ Pro less than a week ago, and am absolutely obsessed with mixing. Until I purchased the program I had absolutely zero experience. I would just like some feedback on my first mix, with less than a week of practice. It's a top40/dance mix. Any tips appreciated. Listen in HQ of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bss4YPPKysE

P.L.U.R.!

Posté Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 2:36 am
not bad for only having the program for a week. Keep practicing and checking out tips and tricks on the forums.

This is just my opinion, so please do not take it hard, I am not trying to be mean, only help. Be careful of overusing the "cheep" effects. I heard way to many beatgrids and some seemed out of place or off beat. I think the sirens were in good spots and at a proper volume. I would shorten the Kesha song, bc 6 minutes of Kesha will drive any audience crazy lol. I like your fade in of "Shots" the first time, but it randomly cuts out at 7:23, then starts back up...maybe try to fade out to make it cleaner. The fade in of "DJ got us falling in love again" was perfect, but whatever song you had in the background of Pitbull's part (at 12:18) was out of sync. Other than that, you are off to a good start.

Posté Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 6:10 pm
Appreciate it, thanks.

Posté Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 3:03 am
i 2nd him^^^

Posté Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 12:54 am
No problem... I started a few months ago myself, just practice everyday and record ur stuff so u can play it back and adjust what u think sounds wrong. Also play it back with a sub, bc i practice using computer speakers and it sounds good through those, but if i take the mix into my car where i have subs, its a big difference

Posté Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 2:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)