Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Am I Club Ready ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm 21 years old and I'm from Florida and currently live in Puerto Rico. I got in Dj'ing about 3 years ago. I started with some basic Numark turntables and vinyl and then went to time codes using Virtual Vinyl, to which I then went to my current set up of 2 Numark V7's.

Ive done about 5 house parties with a bunch of people and all my friends say I'm ready to move on to the next best thing and make a career out of it. The thing is; I'm self taught and feel that Ive improved greatly and feel that I can ""surpass"" a few Djs out there that Ive seen. I feel that my style is different and yet I know its not. Perhaps I'm just getting more confident in myself (which is good). So basically, Ive never had another Dj rate me. I want to be criticized constructively by another DJ, someone who's been around (93% of people on these forums) the block a few times and tell me if I'm ready to perform at a club or bar. So rather than demonstrate an entire 2 hour set, I chopped off a piece around 7 minutes or so and posted it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmlDGL5n_9U

I've been producing music way before I started getting interested in being a DJ and make a few bucks off Itunes and Napster and everyday I learn something new. I really want to make it into the big time (who doesn't?) and not just your average DJ who takes request. No, that is not me. I want a brand, a label, the ability to play ONLY my electro sets. I realize this is far away but I know its not out of reach and its not impossible, but it will take hard work (bring it). I believe its time to leave the "bedroom"

Any input is appreciated :D Thanks

Posté Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 2:19 pm

Posté Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 5:27 pm
If you feel that you're ready, you're ready.

Your skills are certainly up to par. Nice mix!

Posté Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 5:36 pm

Posté Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 10:25 pm
mrh777PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Yeah I agree you are ready to go out and find a club job. Really enjoyed the mix. Good Luck!

Posté Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)