Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet experiences - VDJ, laptop, usb sound ?!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi VDJ's,

attempting the switch from Atomix to VDJ, I was quite struck by the higher hardware reqs of VDJ.
Considering to buy a new PC, I was thinking: why not do it right and buy a laptop. Easier for my occassional gigs ;-)

Q: does anyone have experience with using VDJ on a laptop with a usb (or FW) soundcard?

If so, what kind of hardware -laptop and sound device- do you use, and how does it perform (both the responsiveness/speed of VDJ, and its stability)?

Thanks in advance, BTW I really like the VDJ range of clothes !!

-arie

Posté Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 11:12 pm
I use a Dell 8100 with an Sound Blaster Extidgey, and it works fine for my needs, nary a problem until I installed VDJ v1.05, now it keeps rebooting with no error codes! But I have faith that this will be addressed in v1.06 by the Atomix team. In the mean while I just degraded to v1.04 and it works again.

Regards;

Redman247

Posté Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 8:31 am
I have tested VDJ 1.05 with DAC-2 controller on 2 pcs..

AMD Athalon XP 2400+ with 512MB RAM
Dell Inspiron 2650 1.6Ghz Celeron 512MB RAM

Overall it seems to run ok. I do note when NOT using anything the built-in skins the waveform seems to slow down

Posté Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 6:55 pm
Ive used VDJ with both the extigy and a laptop,

however i use a portable gaming system called the "ShuttleX". along with a small flatscreen LCD monitor i use.

I use a P4 1.8Ghz with 512 Ram and its more than enough. I actually have enough power to play two mp3s, and send the output of my hardware mixer into my sound in, and record the set.

Posté Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 8:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)