Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Skipping, lagging, distorting without control blew the party

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi.
Tonight I was told to pack up because my PC, an ASUS A73s with all stock parts (well over minimum system requirements) kept freezing, distorting and lagging. It ruined the first dances and I was uncapable of playing any songs nicely. I tried switching to only one soundcard, then unplugged my controller, and terminated explorer.exe, giving best possible performance. I've been using it all summer with this problem, only at a minimal scale.
I refunded the customer.

Posté Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 10:02 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Unfortunately there isn't enough information there to help you. As a starting point:

* Complete system specifications
* Virtual DJ version and edition
* Sound card used
* Any other devices, eg MIDI controllers
* Audio or video
* Sound setup and performances configs

Posté Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 7:21 am
Last night I had a similar issue. Music started to lag and distort. Computer never froze. I had to reboot computer twice. I am using Virtual DJ 7 Pro with a ASUS UL50AG running ULV SU7300 cpu. Denon MC6000 board. When I run the program I set priority high on the task manager but after the second time of music laggin and distorting I left it alone and had no further issues. I am really not sure if it was the program that messed up or the computer. It is a computer from 2009 running windows 7. I could really use some advice here. I dont want to buy another computer if the issues is the program and not the laptop. Thanks!!!

Posté Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 2:26 pm
Sorry Virtual DJ 7 is version 7.0.5. Running on stock config and the MC6000 on 2 decks.

Posté Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 2:28 pm
One last thing, running on audio only no video.

Posté Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 2:29 pm
Please see

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller%20Configuration%20And%20Troubleshooting.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

NOTE: When using a computer for DJ'ing (Regardless of whether it is VirtualDJ or any other DJ software), you should always have a back-up system that you can fall back on in an emergency. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Do%20I%20need%20a%20backup%20system%20on%20stand-by.html

For the MC6000, the ASIO drivers can cause issues for some users. If you don't need to scratch with low latency, then you can use standard Windows WDM audio instead. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Posté Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 6:27 pm
Ok. Here is what I am running into now. Decided to stop using the ASIO sound card and it seems to be working a lot better. Only issue I got now is that the fader wont work like its supposed to. I configured the 2 deck set up just like the manual states. If I put a song on deck a and I'm mixing to deck b, you can still hear deck a and vice versa. I tried playing with the switches in the front of the board to assign the a and b decks and the thru and is still not working properly. I am using the MC6000 in INT MIX mode with 2 decks. Please help!!!! I have a gig on friday and I am afraid I wont fix it before then. BTW, I did the firm update. When I did the ASIO update I lost it. But I dont want to use the ASIO anyways so I'm not too worried about it.

Posté Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 9:19 am
I had the same problem this weekend, had to start the program like 3 times, this is after playing dinner music for two hours with no issues. Went to cd's while fooling around with the software. After the third time it semen to be ok. This never happened before. I had already gone through the steps to optimize the laptop. HP G7-1310, win 7, 6gb RAM, 2 nd gen i3-2350m processor. I was stumped! Using mixtrack pro, controller, was using their controller as the soundcard.

Posté Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 4:37 pm
@monten2501090: What are your sound settings in VirtualDJ CONFIG -> Sound Setup ? Make sure that the crossfader is also set to either AUDIO mode or AUDIO & VIDEO mode by pressing the CF MODE button.

@ididitagain2day: If you are using ASIO4ALL then this may be the issue. ASIO4ALL isn't a real ASIO driver (See ASIO4ALL) and there is no real advantage using it (Sometimes it can cause problems due to the additional system overheads) - You should configure the MixTrack Pro for standard WDM audio: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixTrack%20Pro.html

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 4:40 am
If I use the ASIO I have no fader or mixing issues. But If I'm doing too many things at the same time it pegs the CPU meter and sound skips, lags, distort once in a while.

When I try to use the Windows WDM audio instead of ASIO, here is the sound set up: Output is advanced
I added Master | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 1&2 and
Headphones | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 3&4
like it says on the manual. But I have no proper fader control. What am I doing wrong?

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 8:43 am
You could avoid this by not 'doing too many things at the same time' - Get to know the limits of your computer and stay within them. Also, make sure that your computer has been optimised for maximum performance - See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

If you are using the MC6000 in INT MIX (2 channel real hardware mixer) mode, then the settings above are not correct. These settings are for PC MIX (Software-based mixer) mode.

Try the following:

Deck 1 | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 1&2
Deck 2 | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 3&4

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 10:24 am
The reason I had it set up that way its because thats the way it says on your VDJPEDIA post on DN-MC6000. But I will try what you say as soon as I get home. Thanks!!! HEre is what the post says:

"Windows WDM audio instead of ASIO

VirtualDJ Pro on Windows PC only: if you wish to use WDM drivers instead of ASIO, you can do this via advanced sound configuration. WDM drivers do not allow low latency audio (Important for fast scratch response), but are more simple and less susceptible to issues such as sound break-up, stuttering, etc.

Go to CONFIG -> Sound Setup and choose Outputs: Advanced

Then click [+] and add the following:

Master | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 1&2
Headphones | Speakers (MC6000) | Output 3&4

Click APPLY."

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 1:03 pm
Not using external sound card or ASIO; my sound configuration was set this way: Advanced configuration - Master [speakers and headphones - output 1 & 2]; Headphones [speakers (mixtrack pro) output 3 & 4. This seemed to be the only way (so I thought) that I could cue using the mixtrack headphone output as opposed to using usb headphone setup for cueing, which is what I had to do when I was using the Stealth Controller which doesn't have it's own soundcard. I have another job coming up this weekend, so I'm hopiing to get this straightened out before then.

Just read the info on the link in the above response (I missed it initially) but I think I had it correct, or should I not use the adanced configuration for the sound setup?

Thanks

Posté Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 9:33 am
Another issue that I just realized is going on, not sure if this is causing or has any effect on my issue or not. But when I was in VDJ this morning I found out when I went to choose an effect the program would freeze, the song would still be playing but I had to shut the program down and restart. I reset the mapper to the default settings (although I never changed them at all) the only thing I have done or changed was the fact that I downloaded mixtrack pro skins (using ver. 1.1 1440x900) from the website to use. I even tried going back to original VDJ default skin, still had the same result as far as program freezing when trying to select an effect. Also after going back to default skin, when I close and reopen the program the downloaded skin is loaded.

I'll check back later for any feed back, thanks in advance. Not sure what to do.

Posté Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 10:30 am
Make sure you download Direct X or update Dirext X then restart your Puter

Posté Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 10:17 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)