Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Volume or gain control?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have vDJ Pro Full with the Numark MixTrack Pro controller. Prior to that, I was just using the Free version. But Atomix definitely proved that they excel at customer service, as they "tricked" me into upgrading to Pro Full...and by "tricked" I mean they impressed me to the point where I went ahead and spent the money on the upgrade right away rather than waiting a few weeks and using the LE version that came with my MT Pro. :-) (again, the "tricked" part was sarcasm...I absolutely love this product!)

Anyways, prior to me using the MixTrack Pro, I would originally set my deck volume controls to max and adjust the "volume" by manipulating the individual deck gain controls during songs...I could see the visual display on the basic vDJ screen, so I knew if the song was reaching the top threshold and could adjust accordingly. However, the Mixtrack Pro came with the deck volume sliders on the controller set to the volume sliders on the screen.

Should I: a.) Keep this as-is and adjust the deck gain on-screen as each song deems (going to the loudest part and adjusting the gain prior to mixing the song in) or b.) Keep the deck volumes at max and map the controller so the volume sliders will adjust the gain instead of volume during songs?

Note that this is for recording on vDJ so I can listen to it later, rather than any live performances.

And apologies if it sounds confusing...I think I stumbled a bit on my own words while trying to explain it... :-)

Thanks!

Posté Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 2:09 pm
I pretty much never touch the gains after I have set them, but they are a modifier for the volume sliders meaning if you use the volume sliders you have more precise control over the level. And with my style of mixing I like to be able to slam the volume sliders up or down without having to be careful like I would using the gain. If I need to raise the volume louder than the volume sliders are allowing I would then be able to raise the gain.

If you continue to use the gain you should change the settings in [config --> options --> auto gain == disabled].

Posté Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 9:40 am
It's obvious from reading your reply that I hadn't even considered the idea that there was an autogain function in vDJ...going to keep things as-is (volume controls instead of the gain controls)...

...I still have a ton to learn about this software...lol. Thanks for answering my question!

Posté Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 8:45 pm
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the channel fader curve or "volume slider" so that it has more of an exponential gain instead of a linear gain?

Posté Sun 23 Sep 12 @ 8:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)