Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet My CBG has gone wacky.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

annoyedHome userMember since 2012
It must have been about 10 months ago where I accidentally clicked the BPM button
in my VDJ program, and the grid went off beat. Where the bass was supposed to
hit with the tall line, it was no longer in sync. I tried reading all over on how to fix
the problem, and no dice, nothing would fix it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
the program, no dice. I uninstalled, got rid of every remnant of virtual dj in my registry
and prayed that it would be fixed, no dice. I installed an older version, no luck.
Still to this day, no matter what I've tried to do, nothing has worked. For years
everything was fine, no problems.... Sadly I did click that button, and until then
nothing is in tune. (no pun intended) I just don't understand how throughout
all the uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing will change. There has been no hardware
changes whatsoever. If anyone can please give me some help on this, I will give
you millions of internet dollars.

Any assistance would be marvelous.

-DJ Ann0yed

Posté Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 2:30 am
The beat still goes along the 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 (16 beats)
but the cbg red/blue lines would have 17 lines by the time the 16th beat hit.

Posté Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 2:42 am
If the grid's off, re-analyse the track.

If it's still off, use the BPM editing fucntion to adjust the grid position.

It's all in the manual.

Posté Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 4:55 am
Re-Analyzing didn't work, manual beat matching DID work, at least for the grid.

I guess after reading more, the main problem is that the "Rhythm Window"
has gone berserk. Again, no hardware changes have occurred whatsoever,
and only that initial accidental BPM button pressing ended up making
everything go wild. Any additional assistance?

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 11:50 pm
Pressing the BPM button once won't change anything.

It's a "tempo tap" button, so will only do anything if you click it several times (and then it will count the taps and change the BPM display for the loaded track).

If you re-analyse the track it'll reset the BPM. If you tap the button to the beat of the track it'll change back)

If you right click the BPM button once, you get the BPM adjustment settings box. Again, no changes are made unless you adjust something in the box.

None of it's permanent. It can all be changed/adjusted at any time.

And none of it affects all your tracks - only the one that's loaded on the deck.

All the above is based on the default skin with the default mapping. If you messed with the mapping and changed the function of the BPM button, none of the above applies.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 4:24 am

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 5:40 am
All of it sounds so mundane, but it is definitely not. If it was this easy to fix,
I would not have had the need to post a problem here. I don't know if it is
so ridiculously neat that it is hidden way in my registry or not. Honestly...
To my family name.... The rhythm bar went way off when I clicked on the bpm
button. I hope that one of the creators of the code see this, because I
am definitely a fault in the system.

-Sincerely, ann0yed

Posté Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 3:46 am
And of the 80% music that I listen to is trance or house. I've recorded sets and worked with
y'alls program for a long time. I'd been able to use my same songs (those I play nonstop
at parties) I've got the headphones to play it with CDJ's, but I'd also like to see the graphical
rhythm that is normally shown above the "cbg" that is most pronounced.

Out of the 3000 tracks I have, 2400+ used to play phenomenally well, yet now there
is yet to be a single record that spins along with the program.

--SERIOUSLY?? No one has had this problem?!?!?!?!????

Posté Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 3:53 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you use the BPM button to tap out the beat, you will change the beat grid. Even if you tap out the wrong beat (finger bounce, etc). You said that it went wrong after hitting the button, so you had to have changed it. VDJ also might be getting the BPM/CBG wrong when reanalyzing it. Either way, VDJ does not get all songs correct. Either tap them out yourself and manually correct it or look up the BPM on the song (Google) and fix it.

The BPM and CBG position is saved in the VDJ database. Which is why it did not get fixed when cleaning the registry and uninstalling VDJ. Delete your DB and reanalyze your tracks if you think VDJ screwed it up. I have over 16,000 tracks and VDJ still has never "automatically messed them up". It only does what I tell it to.

Personally, the only time the CBG ever screwed anything up on me was my own fault. Normally I like to center my CBG "fat" maker on the down beat (first beat). So I center that beat on the play line in the Waveform window at the top of VDJ. Then I hit the tap button 1 time, now the CBG is aligned with the song. If your finger bounces (and it happens to me too) you will "tap out" a new BPM, even if you unintentionally did it. That is where VDJ only does what you tell it to do.

If you re-analyze the track in VDJ and it does not fix the BPM, then VDJ will not automatically get the right BPM for that song. It happens, I often have to Tweak things a bit to get them right, it is part of the job. Most people here can beat match by ear here so you won't get much sympathy here. They don't use "Sync" and the CBG.

Reading the manual and learning how to correct it is where you should start. Not creating an account called "Annoyed" and complainging in capital letters.. Think that is another reason why you might not be getting an answer. I thought about not replying myself.. I did because VDJ runs fine and want other to see that.

Posté Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 11:24 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)