Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet bpm -pitch range 0.01% increments

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi

I have read all the topics on here many times but don't seem to get what i am doing Wong. Like a few others on here i wish to go in between bpms example
128.01 and up in stages on the pitch 6% or add 1% to the range.

So i can use my controller like this
128.06 and so on

I am using windows 7 premium with dj4set and mp3 e2 controllers (mixing by ear beats need to be perfect or I feel sick lol). The code i need in my mappers for the dj4set would need to be like the code for the mp3 e2 i use. <map value="PITCH" action="param_multiply 0.01% & pitch" />

This works great on my mp3 e2 but I cant figer it out on the DJ 4set. any help would be great as I am upgrading to pro after the holidays and I need to know if it can do what I Need on the DJ4set. thanks for any help in this matter. I know there is a few posts on this but i have not seen a clear coding example for skin`s or controller mappers. I would prefear it in the mappers as I am testing the features on home 7.5 for the time being as my trial of pro is up. Also when I pugrade to vdj pro will i get all updates after that free or will i have to re-buy 8 and above when it comes out?

Posté Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 5:27 am
This depends on the resolution of the pitch slider of the controller (How many unique steps it's capable of) and the pitch range that you are using.

Try different (smaller) values with param_multiiply, e.g: param_multiply 0.005% & pitch_slider

Failing that, the best solution is to upgrade to a MIDI controller with higher pitch slider resolution. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MIDI%20controller%20pitch%20precision.html

Regarding purchasing VirtualDJ Pro and upgrades, please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20much%20will%20it%20cost%20to%20upgrade.html

Posté Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 2:35 pm
Thank you for your kind response i will try that code see how i go. I do think i tried code much the same but maybe i missed that example.
thanks once again. And can you tell me if i will be able to upgrade around jan between 4th - 10th of jan 2013 . :) great software and well worth it to any one reading the post. it does take some of us a little time to save up for different reasons but please do it folks ;)

Posté Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 9:17 am
No luck with that code it is still pitch

0.01 pitch
0.02 pitch

ect

Bmp still the same

12.00 bpm
12.06 bpm
ect..

on 6% again I ma using a dj 4set on 14bit not 7

The code i used in mapper was as follows :-

<map value="PITCH" action="param_multiply 0.005% & pitch_slider" />

bottom of the file. thank you :)

Posté Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 10:16 am
Try using an even smaller value such as: param_multiply 0.005% & pitch_slider

Also, you could try mapping keyboard shortcuts to pitch -0.01% and pitch +0.01% to make fine adjustments. Alternatively, press the SYNC button to match the last 0.01% or so.

However, a BPM match between the two songs within 0.05% of each other should be sufficient for the songs to stay in time for a reasonable amount of time. Even high-end CD players are not usually capable of less than +/- 0.02% - At such as close match, songs should stay in sync for a reasonable amount of the time and a quick tap on the pitch bend -/+ buttons or edge of jogwheel to pitch bend will correct it.

There is currently no time limit on upgrading and there are no plans to change this at any point in the near future.

NOTE: Some 14-bit controllers have greater pitch precision (Number of unique steps) than others.

Posté Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 8:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)