Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Map knob on MC3000

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

EddieUEPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I'd like to map the EFX4 knob on my MC3000 to move a loop. Right now the syntax I am using is

param_smaller 50% ? loop_move -10ms : loop_move +10ms

The problem with this is that if the knob is at any point left of center and you move the knob either direction (as long as stay left of center) the loop is shifted to the left (-10ms per movement). The inverse is true it the knob is right of center.

What I would prefer is if I move the knob counter-clockwise, it will shift the loop to the left. If I move the knob clockwise, it will shift the loop to the right, regardless is the knob is left or right of center.

I've searched the forums and haven't found how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

Posté Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 7:22 pm
your controller has been defined with a "zero" value so you need to map

param_smaller 0% ? loop_move -10ms : loop_move +10ms

then it should work ;-)

Posté Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 7:43 pm
EddieUEPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi synthet1c,

Thanks for suggesting a fix. However, when I set param_smaller 0%, It makes it so that it only moves the loop to the right. It basically sets the center point to the end of counter-clockwise, about 7 o'clock. I also tried with param_smaller 100% and this set the center point to being at the end of clockwise, about 5 o'clock. When set this way, the loop only moved the loop left.

Eddie

Posté Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 6:15 pm
I misread your post I think...

If you want to reverse the action just swap the + & -

param_smaller 50% ? loop_move +10ms : loop_move -10ms

Posté Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 8:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)