Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Newbie here. Need all your wisdom and knowledge.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

There is a similar topic I found, but I need a little more ' guidance'.

I am very interested in learning to mix, software etc. I've created some tracks before, and loved doing it. I showed some of my stuff to my friends, family, college dean, professors--and they seemed to think there was potential. I think I might want to go to the next level and put some of my music in the public ( soundcloud, facebook, other social networks etc.) to test my abilities, create some sort of following etc.

The tracks I made were on a very juvenile ' music maker' product I purchased years ago. Its not enough for what I want to do now. I'm sure those of you would agree.

I want to take my music to the next level. I'm a little ( very) new at this, basically starting from scratch.

I'm a music major on a budget, so nothing too steep. If I figure out this sort of 'thing' isn't meant for me, I don't want to have invested too much into it.

So, where do I start? What advice would you give? Any videos would be good for learning, tutorials--small programs that give big sound?
What kinds of programs are there that are inexpensive, user-friendly, and good for someone like me--a beginner?

Please, and thank you.

Posté Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 7:47 pm
Your post is slightly confusing.

You say "learning to mix", which (considering this is a DJ forum) means blending together fully finished and commercially released songs, and playing them via DJ equipment, usually in a live environment to an appreciative audience.

Then you mention "creating" tracks, and that you're a music major.........which makes me think you're looking for music production software (i.e. a DAW) not DJ mixing software - in which case this is the wrong forum!

If you want to be a DJ then indeed the Virtual DJ software is a good place to start.

On the other hand if you're looking for a DAW then the major players are Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Logic Pro & so on.

You didn't say what you'd been using previously, but you say it wasn't enough for what you "want to do now".... What do you want to do now?

It seems to me that your budget won't match up with your requirement.

You want something good, something better than before, but you don't want to spend much. Difficult.

Posté Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 6:18 am
Mixing for the first time will be A GREAT THRILL & you'll remember it for ever. My advice is to practice practice practice. Learn true bpm's & learn the composition breakdown of a track before u begin playing it in your sets

Posté Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 8:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)