Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet First Mix..

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Fri 01 Mar 13 @ 8:18 am
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi Parmen,

From one first mix guy to another, good job. Being a newcomer to mixing, I'm not sure what I can offer you with regards to observations or critique, however I am interested to know how many songs were in that 8 minute mix - I spotted five I think. I like what your trying to do with your mix, I thought a couple of times the key of your songs didn't quite match up, but the beat matching seemed fine.

Regards

Vernski

Posté Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 2:00 am
Hey Vernski,
Thanks for your post! Yes, the tracks are 5: Rock the house, Steve Jobs, Satisfaction, Must be the feeling and Toulouse. Well, i used an acapella (are you ready for this) but i dont think it really counts :P. Maybe you could tell me what you found wrong with the keys? I really want to learn about it in order to master it! :P I went like this (according to vdj) A9->A8->A2->A2->A4
Thanks again :D

Posté Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 3:27 pm
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello Parmen,

I had another listen to your mix and it was better for me second time around. At about 3:50 is where I was talking about earlier, however it may just be my personal preference and not necessarily a problem with key.

One thing I have found with keys, there are some songs that despite being in the same key, just don't seem to mix well. It's something a lot of the users seem to post in general - that's trust and listen to your ear - rather than relying on what the program suggests.

That's pretty much all I have to offer.

I will keep an ear out for your future mixes.

Cheers

Vernski

Posté Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 9:51 pm
Hi Vernski!
I took a look at the forums and i saw myself about the key issues you told me. So, from now on i'll start practising to distinguish the keys by ear. Well, it's going to be hard at first but anyway i hope to master it one day :P
Anyway, thanks again for your post and help!

Posté Tue 05 Mar 13 @ 6:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)