Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Portable DJ booth...Yes or No? - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Em yeah Groovin, doing a wedding is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT then a club so your point is moot to say the least........ Unless you bring your Booth to the club??

Posté Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 2:42 pm
If you only work in a club then this is a pointless discussion to get into... Just sayin ;-)

if you do mainly club and occasional mobile/wedding then its probably not worth making the investment.

The original poster said they were looking for a booth - and subsequently something easy to put up/take down solo.

Therefore one would assume he is either 100% or mainly mobile so we should keep in context.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 3:57 pm
hwm1992PRO InfinityMember since 2013
I would say 95% of what I do is mobile and the other 5% is in a bar/club and most of the bars I do just setting up on a table is perfect and depending on space there is one bar I work once every couple of months where I would not have enough space to set up a booth

So as I've said before I want something to set me even further apart from anyone else in my area and it won't cost me a ton to get

Thanks again for all the advice and suggestions

My search continues....

Howard

Posté Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 4:08 pm
Howard,

You are doing the right thing. Different is good. It becomes part of your brand.

Don't rush in to anything. But also be prepared to switch if its not working...

That rig of mine now has a name of its own. The Soundchaser Sound System and gets hired out for event nights and weekenders without me - well without me DJing some of the time.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 4:35 pm
Hi I use a fold up 5' white camping table I have customised it by drilling Hole of varying sizes to allow cable, plugs etc to come up from below. I use a Starcloth in front and extra material at the sides to complete the look. I\\\'ve made a façade to go on top, which is white or black (see pics) cut to length for the front then hinged to form the sides. This works perfectly, hides everything on top and below, costs very little about £60 all together and takes under 5 minutes to set up or take down , and as you can see you can fully customise it too!

Posté Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 4:37 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is the Triplar from Dragonboard. JUst received it this past Friday. I have to order the lighting kit for it, but I did throw my 4bar (chauvet) behind it for a Saturday night party and tho its not the end product, it worked for the night.

The piece on top (tabletop facade) does not come with the Triplar. that was extra.

The whole thing breaks down into the case (you can see the bottom of the case on the floor) - a bit heavy for one person, but manageable

Posté Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 12:24 pm
I use the DJ Skirts tabletop facade. Simple, neat, clean...I love it.

Posté Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 4:51 am
What are some sites to check out for a table top facades?

Reasonable pricing?

Posté Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 2:52 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Made this one under $ 50.00 and set on top of a 5ft table,for small gigs.

Posté Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 4:02 pm
I think I found someone to build me a table top facade

Now I'm on the hunt for a adjustable table

Suggestions?

Posté Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 2:37 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wall mart 4,5,8 feet table

Posté Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 3:08 pm
I went to Wal Mart this morning and the only one that was adjustable in height was the 4' one and it only came up to my waist which is just like the one I already use and even though I have my laptop on a stand I still have to bend over some while DJing

Thanks for the info though but I'm gonna keep looking

Posté Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 12:49 pm
Try BJs or Sams Club.

Posté Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 1:16 pm
or kmart think I saw a 5 ft that adjusts in height

Posté Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 4:51 pm
asthedj wrote :
wall mart 4,5,8 feet table

Yes, however even though you can get cheap tables, doesn't mean you should. Get a reliable one, so that your gear doesn't cause it to collapse and you lose a few thousand dollars worth of equipment. I've heard nightmare stories that go like this.

Posté Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 9:17 pm
Look here. If you go to the store, you only have to buy one. Also saw this one t the DJ Convention in AC. The comment makes a good point, there's no room underneath. But it opens in a snap, and is adjustable.

Posté Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 10:14 pm
I wouldn't use a portable booth for mobile gigs. Its too much stuff to bring when you don't need it. I just use a Keyboard stand covered up with a X stand cover. I just place the Case of the DDJ S1 on top and its simple. It looks nice and clean and its very light. When its time to pack up, I just want to leave right away. I use to bring a bigger setup and more things like a Façade, A four foot table with folding legs, single decks in separate cases etc. I just keep it simple and light.

Posté Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 12:07 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)