Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Latency bug (maybe?)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have discovered a reproduce-able fault and I'm not sure if there is a way round it....it concerns a delay in response when scratching. Hopefully someone out there can advise me how to solve it and its not a bug!

System:
Win XP/Lenovo X200/Core 2 Duo 2.4/3gb ram
VDJ Pro 7.4 (b453) Mapping plugin for XDJ R1
Pioneer XDJ R1 Firmware 1.07 Driver 1.00 (both latest I think)

Problem:
Scratch with deck 1 in vinyl mode and all is fine until you press play on deck two. The "sync" of the scratching drifts out very quickly; the audio and waveform are synced with each other but the jog wheel is not. Both audio and wave start lagging. If you continue to scratch deck 1 but pause or stop deck 2 the problem will revert to working accurately again. This fault cannot be reproduced by reversing the test, i.e. scratching on deck 2. In this instance all is operating as expected.

There is no difference to this test if I:

1. change latency settings, making them longer/safe mode etc
2. change any other transport buttons
3. change songs playing
4. toggle master tempo

This only affects VDJ operation and not standalone operation with usb/cd

Please help! I cannot gig with this behaving as it is, and may have to dig out my CDJ350/DJM350 setup again. :-(

Keeping everything crossed that this is a settings fail on my part...........

Posté Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 4:32 pm
After further testing I have isolated the problem! :D (well, sort of)

I cannot reproduce the problem using the XDJR1 2-deck skin.............RESULT!

I personally prefer the default VDJ skin as it has a better wave form display IMHO, but I'll still with my new skin until an update from someone is released ;-)

Posté Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 2:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thats interesting.
For the records, XDJR1 is designed to operate with 4 decks. All tests from Pioneer were made with either the default 4 decks skin of VirtualDJ or the dedicated XDJ-R1 one. FYI, both the 2 and 4 decks mode of the XDJ-R1 skin are considered 4 decks skins (even if only 2 can be visible).

Do a test...
Unzip the 2 decks default skin of VirtualDJ, and open with Notepad (or similar Text Editor) the xml file that fits best to your screen resolution (the one you would like to use).
Add .. nbdecks="4" to the first line of the skin.
so it will look like..
<Skin name="VirtualDJ7 (2 Decks)" version="7" width="1024" height="768" nbdecks="4">

Save the xml, update zip file and launch VirtualDj with the 2 decks default skin now. See if that makes any difference.

Posté Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 9:09 pm
Be Interested to know if this resolved the issue, as to am also experiencing a lot of latency with the scratching on the XDJ-R1 with VDJ.

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)