Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Can't control many features at once?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

TegmarkHome userMember since 2013
I can't for example use buttons 'up' & 'down' which control deck 1 & 2 levels, at the same time as controlling both decks low freq knobs for a good blend of songs. Id like to be able to control all low, med & highs at once, but when too many keys are pressed all functions stop.

Is this a limitation with the free version? Or is there some more complicated way of doing this? I would think it be able to reconzie many keys pressed at once. I cant watch youtube videos atm for a guide as I have small bandwidth internet.

Thanks.

Posté Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 4:55 am
This is why DJs use controllers or external mixers. They provide physical knobs, faders and buttons that can be used by both hands.

Posté Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 5:13 am
TegmarkHome userMember since 2013
So that's a no I take it? I find that pretty bad even for software if that's the case. I can see DJing they need the real thing. But if I just want to mix some songs I guess I'm screwed.

Posté Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 6:27 am
It's perfectly possible to mix without needing to do several things at once.

I guess you're a beginner who is unaware of the history of DJing / mixing. DJ mixers did not always have EQ, and even when they did it was often simple - not three or four way EQ on every channel. Bass & treble on the master output if you were lucky.

Despite what you may have read or been told by someone, you don't have to use EQ at the same time as controlling two faders. That's one way of doing it, but it's not the only way.

Same applies to BPM readouts, waveforms, the sync button and so on. These are tools to assist the DJ, they are not essential.

I suggest you take a step back, away from the deep end. Learn the basics, get your feet wet in the shallow end, learn to doggy paddle first.

Posté Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 7:06 am
it's a limitation of your keyboard. most keyboards will only give you four presses at the same time without ghosting, gaming keyboards usually give around 6-10.

Posté Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 12:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Orly? that's good to know. I know kind of how the logic of a keyboard works, and assume they tabled the keys differently, I think you could have 6 on a standard keyboard too but you need to know which 6

Posté Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 6:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why wasn't this recommended?

deck active eq_low -5% & deck default eq_low +5%

Two actions one key

(BTW what is the proper way to effect both decks dynamically?, the above works to a fashion, but it isn't perfect, if you switch active decks it breaks, is there a dynamic name for the other deck? inactive didn't work.

Posté Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 6:57 pm
Not really anymore, deck active used to be the one you don't have highlighted in pfl, but it was taken out as it has issues when using more than two decks, you can always work around it though.

deck left select ? deck left eq_low +5% & deck right eq_low -5% : deck left eq_low -5% & deck right eq_low +5%

if that is opposite to the functionality you wanted swap the plus and minus signs.

Posté Tue 24 Dec 13 @ 6:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)