Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Moving from PC to Mac - issues?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

My DJ computer (Windows) recently crashed, so I moved over to a MacBook Pro. I seem to have a few new issues now...

For one, all my music is on an external hard drive. I tried to "Add to search DB" but only got some of the music added to the DB. If I manually browse to the folder containing what I'm looking for, it gets added (usually, but not always). Is this because Windows VDJ has already tagged all the music on this drive? I do notice some search results show up but cannot be played, and when I go to "file info" on those tracks, it shows a Windows-style path (eg F:\Music\Zedd - Clarity.mp3) which obviously doesn't work in OSX.

Also, Netsearch seems to stop working after 10 minutes or so. VDJ claims "no internet connection", but it works again after restarting VDJ. No firewall or antivirus installed yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posté Sat 07 Dec 13 @ 11:02 pm
If the drive is PC NTFS formatted then MacOS won't be able to write to it (Unless you have 3rd party software installed that can do this), so any changes that you make to the database (Including adding new files) will not be saved and will be lost when you close the software. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Use%20external%20drive%20on%20Windows%20and%20Mac.html

If you have less songs overall in VirtualDJ on Mac vs PC, then this could be because some are WMA or WMV format (Windows Media Player), which is not natively supported by MacOS. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Playing%20WMA%20or%20WMV%20files%20on%20an%20Apple%20Mac.html

Also, make sure that you have added all your music to your VirtualDJ database: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20search%20DB.html (This should correct the paths providing that VirtualDJ can write to the database on the drive.)

Posté Sun 08 Dec 13 @ 12:29 pm
Yes, that's exactly it. Formatted as NTFS. I guess I'll just have to live with it, this particular drive is share with a PC, and is too large for FAT32. I wasn't aware that OSX couldn't write to NTFS.

Thanks!

Posté Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 10:30 pm
Does all this have anything to do with NetSearch not working after a while?

Posté Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 11:22 pm
You can use exFAT format instead of FAT32. This is supported on both Mac and PC.

The external drive should not have any effect on ContentUnlimited, which streams songs live via the Internet or caches them to your computer's local hard drive in Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache

The problem could be with the Internet connection or possibly anti-virus/firewall software blocking it. Try logging in again via CONFIG -> Internet. Make sure that you have the latest VirtualDJ v7.4.1 installed. Also, try clicking on ContentUnlimited folder and then Audio, Video, Karaoke, etc. folder depending on your subscription(s) and which content type you wish to search for.

NOTE: The NetSearch folder searches for free bonus audio/video content (Depending on whether you have an audio and/or video subscription.) This content comes from various legal free sources on the Internet and the quality and availability may vary. You should not rely on this free bonus content.

Posté Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 1:36 pm
No firewall or antivirus installed yet. ContentUnlimited works for a while, then stops working. Trying to log out and back in produces "invalid username/password" for a while and then the log in button just stops working. Closing VirtualDJ and reopening fixes it every time (at least for a while). This is using the most recent version of VirtualDJ, and has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now. I don't rely on NetSearch, but it sure is nice to have for those random requests.

Posté Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 9:52 pm

Posté Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 10:57 am
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
al_91dak wrote :
Does all this have anything to do with NetSearch not working after a while?

Use this its free i used and works perfect TUXERA

Posté Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 10:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)