Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Little help with AfterTouch mapping logic please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

I need a little help working out the logic for a custom mapping of the Doppler FX to a Vestax 380 controller PAD.

I have already mapped the effect successfully to a PAD and it works beautifully. One of the features of how this effect works is the ability to vary the SLIDER 1 parameter. I am doing this using the AfterTouch (velocity sensitivity) feature of the PAD.

The problem to solve is how to make the SLIDER 1 action specific only to the PAD being used for the effect. To complicate the matter slightly, the effect needs to remain ON for a period in order to hear it to its end, however if another effect that uses a SLIDER 1 value is activated, such as Flanger, or Backspin, *their SLIDER 1 value* is altered by AfterTouch. I guess this is because once the AfterTouch MIDI is defined, it is true for any of the 16 PADs.

Thought about maybe tuning OFF the Doppler Effect before activating any other effect, but I am not sure that is the best logic. I would prefer to be able to use Doppler in combination with other effects such as Flanger.

So again, any ideas on how to make the SLIDER 1 action specific to a single Effect is appreciated.

Thx

Posté Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 11:24 am
Moderator: you can delete this topic if you wish. I figured it out. =
effect "Doppler" active ? effect "Doppler" slider 1 : nothing

Posté Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 10:20 pm
you could also use this which will turn on the doppler when you press the pad and off when it is fully released.

param_equal 0% ? effect "echoDoppler" active off : effect "echoDoppler" active on & effect "echoDoppler" slider 1

also if you are using a PC you should have a look at ramp_delay I like it more than echo doppler as it has 3/4 size

Posté Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 10:56 pm
Thanks synthet1c,
I'm afraid that if the effect is turned OFF when the pram returns to 0% it will cause the effect to end prematurely. One of the effect features is that it keeps going once triggered until the ramp ends regardless of the slider position. ;-)

Posté Tue 24 Dec 13 @ 7:32 am
fair enough. it's been a while since I have used echodoppler.

Posté Tue 24 Dec 13 @ 4:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)