Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VJs: What PC laptop do you use?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm a VJ in the market for a new laptop this year. If you're a VJ that uses VDJ Pro to mix music videos on a laptop with no issues (jittery video, etc.) can you tell me the make and model of the laptop you use? I'd like to stay in the PC area if possible (not really a Mac person).

I know enough to look for a laptop with dedicated graphics but I thought I could save time by just asking what other people use and then buy one of those.

Thanks!

Posté Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 9:52 am
I don't use a laptop, but if I did, I would go with ASUS. I only do video and some of the guys I know here that do video, swear by them. I keep saying I'm going to take the plunge, but would have to do the external drive thing, with 8TB. I also like my 23 inch monitor.

Posté Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 10:32 pm

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:15 pm
DJECoast wrote :
stay away from Samsung.

Why's that then?

I've got a Samsung netbook and I've had no issues with it whatsoever. My TV's also a Samsung and works fine.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:55 pm
I think they are junk but if the brand works for you then great.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 2:21 pm
They're one of the most popular global consumer electronics companies - often number one.

To get to that position, consumers have to buy their products. Ergo, the products must be worth buying.

VJBoy, you don't mention budget but something like a Samsung NP700G7C Series 7 17.3" Gamer Notebook should suit video work.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 4:06 pm
I'd go with nothing less then an ASUS or a MacBook Pro. I have both and haven't had any problems with either one that I didn't create myself.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 10:01 pm
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
For the budget I'd like to stay under $1,500, or even under $1,000 US dollars if possible.

And DJECoast, if you read the title of this thread you will see that I am interested in knowing the laptop make and model other VJs are using. I think this forum is a much better place to get that kind of info than PCMag. :)

I've been searching for "gaming PC laptops" since most of these seem to have the proper specs for mixing videos with VDJPro. There are several models in my price range that might work. If I buy one I'll report back here to let everyone know how it worked out, but again, I don't want to reinvent the wheel; if another VJ on this forum has a PC laptop they use for mixing videos with VDJPro, hopefully they'll share the make and model.

Posté Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 10:26 pm
I know SBDJ has often posted on the forum about the laptop he uses for video work.

Ah....look here

Posté Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 7:38 am
I am currently using an Alienware 14 laptop. Core I7 with 8gig of ram. and a nvidia gt750 grafixs card with 1 gig of dedicated video ram. I ordered it with Windows 7 so I can use either VDJ or Serato DJ w/video.

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 4:29 pm
I'd have to agree with groovindj on the Samsung comment. I'd give them my money twice over before I'd buy a mac product.
As far as VJ computers go there are a few points to consider when you make your checklist.
You don't need the fastest cpu on the market but a decent video card is a must. (do they still make video cards without dedicated memory...not sure)
Alot of controllers have onboard sound cards now so that issue depends on the rest of your setup.
Someone above mentioned external drives and for me that was a huge issue. I did not want a setup with 100 things to plugin each time...dangling all over the place. So I built a rack mount because let's face it video dj's need storage space.
Now you can get 3tb external drives at a reasonable price but are you going to DELETE music when space eventually becomes an issue?

Posté Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 11:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)